Shaving and razors

Roger

Street Tracker
Every gawd damned day, shave. I do it because I have to deal with customers every day. I even run into customers on the weekends. I don't buy those 6 bladed, 1" wide contraptions. I only use those cheap Gillette twin blades with the fixed head. Anything more than a twin is all hype imo. If I could find a safety razor with the single blades, I would be using that.
Saw this on TV the other day and cracked me up. It might be worth checking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKzGUve_Icg

And it doesn't stop there. Here is the next step in personal hygiene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FOae1V1-Xg

Kiwi

Two Stroke
Haha I loved the bear in the woods ... I don't know that the bunny was so happy about it though.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I haven't shaved for a fdew years now. I have a Wahl hair clipper that my wife cuts my hair with, so I just use that on the closest setting. Takes next to no time. It's not exactly a perfect shave, but it's good enough for me.

loxpump

Rocker
I haven't shaved for a fdew years now. I have a Wahl hair clipper that my wife cuts my hair with, so I just use that on the closest setting. Takes next to no time. It's not exactly a perfect shave, but it's good enough for me.

I'm with Jimmy on that. No more scraping my skin with a piece of razor sharp steel.

geolpilot

Street Tracker
I haven't shaved since Monday, August 3, 1980 when Hurricane Celia blew us all to hell. No water and power for about a month and by then I saw no reason to ever shave again.

Mark

750cc
I haven't shaved since Monday, August 3, 1980 when Hurricane Celia blew us all to hell. No water and power for about a month and by then I saw no reason to ever shave again.

dishes cool too

man-makes-beard-into-bowl-eats-ramen-out-of-it-gr-1-30663-1380068758-4_big.jpg

Kirkus51

Hooligan
To me it feels pretty good after a nice shave. I'm not fancy either, a twin blade regular soap and I'm good..... although I have a couple of Barbisol (sp) cans that are very old and yet to run out.

LoVel

Two Stroke
I like the straight razor. Provides an awesome shave and since I shave less than once a week and only around the beard(neck and cheek area) it doesn't require too much maintenance.

Use mini clipper just to trim down the break away hairs but for me Mach 3 lasts and use K of shaves menthol gel. wakes me up and only shave once a week. sometimes mach 3 type disposables good value too. keep aiming for the zz top look for get alot of opposition. lol.

Cheers

KingBear

Hooligan
I like high-quality shaving products. I recently grew my beard back, and like JimmyR most of my grooming is with close clippers, but I still like a smooth neck. I'm thinking about trying the old straight razor or single edge, but will still use the top quality oils and creams.

curezee

Street Tracker
I have been contemplating a straight razor for when I am not traveling. Anyone have any good recommendations?

drlapo

Hooligan
I use an electric razor now because if I cut myself with a blade I bleed forever due to the the damned blood thinners and other meds I'm on now
I hate leaving the house with toilet paper stuck to my neck

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
I've always used the same type of badger hair brush my Gramps used to apply shaving soap and a simple two blade cartridge to shave, but have been contemplating trying a straight razor.

What I really need is a good way to trim nose hairs... And when did I become a hairy-ass hillbilly anyway? Ears, nose, behind the neck, small of the back, and a lone long rogue coming out of an eyebrow. WTF?

I've been using the dreaded 5 blader's this last couple of years but the price for replacement cartridges is horrendous. I've just switched to a single blade old style razor, badger brush and good soap. I used to use one when I started shaving back in the 70's. Anyway, I fancied going back to my roots and as I have to shave 7 days a week I like to get a nice smooth finish. Well, the first time I tried it, you would have sworn the bathroom was an abattoir there was that much blood. I'm getting the hang of it now though. Impressed with the results as well.