Shattered Headlight

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
Had a buncha rock fly off the back of a truck earlier this week and shatter my headlight,:eeek: the replacement at Bike Bandit shows $212.00 replacement. Anyone know of a less expensive alternative. Shell and lens is fine and light still works, just shattered glass.

ivar

TT Racer
Most generic 7" units should fit. I'm running a Hella. A lot brighter too

DSC_0235%20%28Large%29.JPG

KingBear

Hooligan
No kidding! I was thinking the same thing, a rock could have hit your helmet or anywhere for that matter, causing a fall or even worse a swerve into oncoming traffic. A broken headlight? Whew!

I'm going to install the Hella when I have the time and inclination at the same time.

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
Not quite so lucky, took one to the face,albeit a pea size one, on the one in 100 times I wear my open face helmet :eeek: The one that took out the light was a good 1 1/2 "

Edit. Yup H6024. Put a sylvania Silverstar in, didn't have Hella. Nice white light. $26. Cheers fellas

Last edited:

Keith Harding

Two Stroke
Leedsharlequin,
How did you go with your glass replacement?
I've just had a similar thing occur and I'm quoted here in sunny Australia something in the region of $400 for entire unit replacement. All I need is the glass...

Leedsharlequin,
How did you go with your glass replacement?
I've just had a similar thing occur and I'm quoted here in sunny Australia something in the region of $400 for entire unit replacement. All I need is the glass...

Did you even read this thread? Come on man!

Take your broken headlight to the auto parts store near you. They'll match one up.

Keith Harding

Two Stroke
Yeah, I read the thread quite carefully - I'm one of those people who like to make sure.
My Bonnie was knocked by a halfwit delivery driver in an empty car park a few weeks ago and is now the subject of a claim on the driver's insurance.
I'm thinking if I can get a replacement for $40 I can use the insurance money for an airbox & filter mod. Simple, really.
Ozbonnie - thanks very much for your quick response.:)

Last edited: