selling RAF bike need advice thoughts

strokerlmt

Hi Ladies and Gents,
I want to sell the RAF bike and market value is market value.
2005 Bonneville engine very clean clean carbs new jets, oil, filter washers.
Frame 2005 T-100 rolling frame that I purchased from NBRer JW in Atlanta and it was in perfect shape. Frame, fenders, chain guard, sprocket cover, rear sprocket, grab rail, side covers, tank, pedals, kick stand, head light brackets, triple trees all powder coated and sealed. Electrics cleaned and greased. Some stock hard ware replaced with stainless. Loctite where needed.
Forks polished when I got the frame...nice job.
Stock mufflers rt one has some scratches buffed baffelized and shortened for deeper throaty vintage sound. I have clean megaphones that go with the bike as well.
Starts immediately and runs smooth and strong through all gears.
Exel rims look great with new tires.

So the big question is what is it worth. If an NBRer buys the bike the Ohlins go with it. It cost me 600.00 to get JW's frame here on a pallet from Atlanta to CA 93428.

You can lay it on the forum or PM me or email me at [email protected]

Thx for looking....
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
I dunno, but one fine looking bike she is indeed (first time I've seen her). The market is truly piss poor these days, but I'm sure you know that already. I think that bike should do well though, since there ain't another one like it.

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
The big problem is although the bike is really nice, you've kinda narrowed the market on it. Don't know what you'll be asking but it's got to be reasonable for any bites.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
The big problem is although the bike is really nice, you've kinda narrowed the market on it. Don't know what you'll be asking but it's got to be reasonable for any bites.

+1...unfortunately...it has been my experience that heavily modified bikes bring less money. I could be bring and hope that I am. Good luck with the sale...she is gorgeous!

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Since you started with a rolling frame do you have the title? Is it considered salvaged, etc...?

I am in the market for a good used bike, but to be honest the price would have to be good because to buy this one I would spend good time and money undoing the paint and some of the mods.

strokerlmt

Hey there....yes I have titles and the CHP have already checked that there is nothing wrong with the frame or engine. I can register here OR someone can register where ever.
For who asked about the "used" change the color etc. my thought would be purchase something else and change the color. This bike is solid and is set.
Best
LMT

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Hey Lach - my thoughts would be to determine what price you would reasonably like to get for the bike. Then list it on fleabay with that price or maybe a smidge lower as the reserve. This will kinda give you a good feel for interest in the bike and what price it might currently fetch. If it hits reserve then your set! If it's close but no sale then maybe wait a month and try again.

strokerlmt

Hey Lach - my thoughts would be to determine what price you would reasonably like to get for the bike. Then list it on fleabay with that price or maybe a smidge lower as the reserve. This will kinda give you a good feel for interest in the bike and what price it might currently fetch. If it hits reserve then your set! If it's close but no sale then maybe wait a month and try again.

Thx John.......sending you a PM
LMT