seat question?

JTIrwin27

Scooter
I'm lookin for a gel seat or something more butt friendly. Can I use one from an older model carb thruxton or is the underside of the seat diff because of efi setup on my 2011?

Easy13

Street Tracker
There's no difference, Amigo. Bonneville, Scrambler, Thruxton, SE, '01 to present, they'll all fit.

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
the Corbin seat just does not work on the Thruxton: the "position" is all wrong; it's for a sit up bike

Bonafide

NBR founder
the Corbin seat just does not work on the Thruxton: the "position" is all wrong; it's for a sit up bike

That's actually subjective and really changes compared to what year Thruxton. The newest ones do not use Clip On bars. They have regular mounts with M bars from the factory. GF has a Corbin smuggler and loves it. JCW had one on his Thruxton as well. Me personally, I dont like the Corbin because it's a slick saddle and I prefer to not slide while tossing the bike around the mountains.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
Well I have to say I the Corbin Smuggler on my bike is exponentially better than the stock board… For me I wish the saddle was a touch narrower. I feel it after I get through the twisties while I’ve been riding up forward on the seat/tank, when I slide back on the seat it feels a touch wide… But all in all for what I paid for it I’d do it all over again.

hankmarx

750cc
The Corbin locked me too far forward, I like to slide back and put my feet on the passenger pegs at speed.

That and it was as hard as a brick.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
That would actually be for highway miles.

OK, that makes more sense... If I do that on the Highway I'd fall asleep :) I was riding the other day with my tank bag on and was resting my head and nearly went to sleep... Can't do that anymore.