Seat Customization

Folks,

Today I had my seat customized by Mean City Cycles in Maiden, NC.

They cut out sections of the original foam and replaced it with a more dense Memory Foam in the drivers position and for my wife they added a less dense Memory foam. They were able to lower the seating area by approximately 3/8 inch and they also took a little off the sides. This all helps since I have a 27 inch inseam.

I was in and out and about an hour. They also invited me back the shop to observe the entire process.

These people were fantastic to work with. I was very much impressed.

I was only able to ride for 40 miles today and the results were imperssive as well.

em_dot

Street Tracker
Damn that's like 3 hours away. Unfortunately, not exactly a quick spin out and back.

Got pics? Frankly, I want to add an inch to the seat foam. I'm 6'-3''...

Em,
They could probably handle anything you need. They have a sewer on site and her work looks excellent to me. She could add material to your cover to accomodate the additional foam.

I rode another 80 miles on it today, no numb ass, the wife likes hers also, none of the ususl complaints.

I don't see a need for pictures as they used the original cover, looks just like the original.

I wish I had taken pictures of the entire process, but I didn't know at the time if that would be received positively.

www.meancitycycles.com. Check them out. Really nice folks to work with.
You could also give them a call at 866-550-SEAT

DandyDoug

750cc
I am glad to hear you have experienced improvement with seat modifications. I recently took mine to a local guy and had both my stock Bonneville seat and my K & Q seat redone. This is after several try's by me to achieve better comfort.

Price was very fair and workmanship good. This past week I rode something like 300 miles on the modified K & Q seat, it not only looks better it is more comfortable. It still pushes me forward and smashes the boys a bit so I will take it back to the shop for another adjustment. The biggest improvement is in the overall looks department, those horrible tufted buttons are gone and the seat is smooth now. I'll try and get some pictures and have someone post them for me this week.

I'll be installing the recovered and refoamed OEM style seat this week and see how that feels.

em_dot

Street Tracker
Thanks Mang! Great infor, and thanks for the website.

Why do I now feel a fall road trip to the Charlotte area in my future?