Seat Cowl

strokerlmt

hmmmmmmm not pressing but 100 bucks is a lot when you don't know anything about the product......just me beware ??????
LMT

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Recently I was looking for another tank for my Bonneville so was checking out what was available in tanks and seat cowls at a British Triumph parts dealer. What I noticed was that this UK place had a lot of yellow seat cowls available and now much in any other colour!

So I suspect that somehow Triumph ended up with loads of yellow seat cowls. Maybe that Ebay dealer did a deal on them?

Cereal KLR

Two Stroke
I ordered one, will let you know how it looks when it gets here. 14 day return policy..eh.

Last edited:

britman

Scooter
Not yellow for long.....

The seller is a Triumph dealer and most of the time his stuff is on the high side. He must have a scored a bunch of these to offer them at this price. He did throw in free shipping on my offer and I too have one on the way. The red paint is waiting...........

britman

Scooter
Satisfied

Genuine 68 Series seat cowl. Fits great but the paint doesn't exactly match, yet..... Just FYI I may not be able to use the extended seat bolts, but no big deal.

Cowl2_zps1a77bf45.jpg

Cowl1_zps57a53648.jpg

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I assume it's made of plastic? i got one because hey it's cheap. I got mine for $85 but shipping to Australia is $50! I have the right seat on my bike for it. Not sure how I would finish it because everything else on my bike is powdercoated in texture black. Even my tank will be in a week or two. Oh I'll work something out...

britman

Scooter
No more "Yeller"

Sanded and primed mine last night. If time and money permits, going by a graphic artist's shop today to have a paint stencil cut. I checked the ad this morning, the dealer is still listing he has over 10 in stock with 15 sold. He must have found a way to breed these.....

dschief

750cc
I'm curious about you guys having trouble with the extended seat bolts hitting the cowl, I've had the New Bonneville extended bolts on my Thruxton and my Bonneville since I bought the bikes, and I have no clearance problems. Both bikes have seat cowls. Is there a longer bolt than what New Bonneville sells?

britman

Scooter
I'm curious about you guys having trouble with the extended seat bolts hitting the cowl, I've had the New Bonneville extended bolts on my Thruxton and my Bonneville since I bought the bikes, and I have no clearance problems. Both bikes have seat cowls. Is there a longer bolt than what New Bonneville sells?

It appears that the bolt is just too wide in diameter and just barely rubs the cowl. I have some homemade thin ones that will do the trick or I will just use short ones. I now have a tornado red cowl curing in front of the heat vent in the dining room. (My Wife really loves that.) In case anyone is interested, Duplicolor Super Red II is a perfect match to Triumph tornado red......

britman

Scooter
Finished the clear

It still needs to set for a couple days before the final wet sanding to get out the trash. (I really need to clean my garage.) Rattle can job, decal was cut for 5 bucks from my local vinyl guy. I'll post a shot of it on the bike in the next day or two. I'll probably run the rack on the seat for the majority of the time, but it is kind of nice to change the appearance on occasion.

RedCowl4_zpse324efe8.jpg