SE centre stand.

albo

Scooter
In the process of buying SE black,asked the salesman if they could fit centre stand before delivery.Salesman said Triumph don't make them for the SE and so couldn't fit one!This model has been on the market for about one year and I can't understand why they don't have them at least as an option.Is the salesman correct or am I missing something?

koifarm

Hooligan
Is the SE a bit lower than the standard Bonneville? In which case the c/s would have to be shortened a bit to work.....
One more issue, does anyone know if the centerstand consists of two components, one is a frame bracket the other the stand itself or do the bikes already come with the frame brackets already installed?

KingBear

Hooligan
I don't think the Hermy's list is reliable. It's an exact copy of the T100 list except for the chain & sprocket kit, and I wouldn't think that every single accessory for the T100 is available for the new SE.

Carnation

Street Tracker
Is the SE a bit lower than the standard Bonneville? In which case the c/s would have to be shortened a bit to work.....
One more issue, does anyone know if the centerstand consists of two components, one is a frame bracket the other the stand itself or do the bikes already come with the frame brackets already installed?

Not sure what you mean............the mounting lugs are already on the frame.

The stand kit is a pile of parts - there's one on Ebay UK 350214802409. The picture shows all the bits in the kit.

loxpump

Rocker
I have one for sale in parts for sale section. It has been shortened about 3/4".
I use to use it when my 2002 was lowered an inch.

Rocker

Two Stroke
If the frames are the same you should be able to make one fit. Bear in mind that on Bonnevilles the stand folds up against a stop on the muffler, 2009's seem to have different mufflers although there is an easy mod to get around the problem if it exists. Scrambler and Thruxton stands are higher and different.

jewel

Scooter
In the process of buying SE black,asked the salesman if they could fit centre stand before delivery.Salesman said Triumph don't make them for the SE and so couldn't fit one!This model has been on the market for about one year and I can't understand why they don't have them at least as an option.Is the salesman correct or am I missing something?

I got a centre stand for the 09 LE Bonneville from Triumph no problems. The seat has been shortened not the frame.

Jewel :)

But is LE and SE the same? I thought wheels are smaller on SE. I would imagine the 09 LE would be able to use standard Centre stand offered for all Hinckley Bons. Just not sure re SE with smaller wheels?

Rocker

Two Stroke
The model with alloy wheels has smaller wheels than the models with spokes.
A stand for a spoked wheel bike would have to be shortened same as when Loxpump lowered his bike. Modifying a used stand should work out cheaper than buying a new one (if available) from Triumph.

DIRK

750cc
the frame still has the lugs on it but the wheels are SMALLER! so if you don't pop a new one putting it on the stand then you are indeed a biggie. 17's as opposed to a 19 and 18 i know it can be done i'll give you the part number for the kit a9758008. list is 240.00 we have one but your local guy should be able to sort you out.

Carnation

Street Tracker
The model with alloy wheels has smaller wheels than the models with spokes.
A stand for a spoked wheel bike would have to be shortened same as when Loxpump lowered his bike. Modifying a used stand should work out cheaper than buying a new one (if available) from Triumph.

The wheels are smaller, but is the frame lower?

If you had longer shocks on the SE then the frame could be the same height as the old Bonnie.

Too low and it ain't gonna go round corners.

DandyDoug

750cc
albo:

I would recommend you look around on a few forums for a used center stand, mount it and then see if you want it cut down.
If you learn the technique of using one properly the stock height should not be a problem. You do not lift the bike up on to the center stand, you use your leg and foot as a lever pushing down and rolling the bike up on to the stand. If you have difficulty , you are not doing it correctly. Go find an old rider and he will gladly show you the way.

I'm small and could put my GW up with little effort, when I lowered my V Strom 1.5" I used the stock height center stand also.
I personaly think a center stand should be on every bike as OEM.

marty

Scooter
Part Number on UK Triumph website is: A9758145

Bought an after market stand from tecbikeparts.com, OK it's a UK company but the cost was 1/3 that of triumph part and fits perfectly on the SE.