screw it

rodburner

Rocker
After seeing how fast things go to hell around here,I`ve decided to quit being a pussy and just do shit that I want ,to my bike. Here`s the start of winter phase1....
Picture255.jpg

rodburner

Rocker
Its from a Honda CBR600 F2 [1993] How bad could it be? I made the upper,backbone mounts this morning. Just need to pull the battery box to position them and weld them on.Then I can set the ride height with my jack and build the bottom,swingarm bracket.Having a spare swingarm section should allow for pretty easy fitting to the extended arm.I`m not using any linkages or anything,cuz I ain`t no rocket surgeon.I`m after simple installation with a few inches of travel,just like the stocker.I`ll brace the arm too,if need be.
Picture256.jpg

rodburner

Rocker
Thanks Ox.I hope it is on the mushy side.My bike is lighter than stock,but still probably heavier than a CBR600. Quick question. There are 7 preload steps and a small screw that looks to be a damping adjustment.It goes from S10 to H10.S being soft I think.Is this the case?
And Stroker,no rain,but cold and gray.To tell the truth,I hope it snows like hell so I don`t feel so bad about taking 3-1/2 weeks off,unpaid.We can`t work when it snows.

nohawk

Rocker
Maybe it was the pic but that shock like it has very little travel. But this could turn out to be badass!

rodburner

Rocker
All righty then,now we can all stop wondering...
Picture265.jpg

Its got at least as much travel as the Progressive`s do.Will start the new wiring harness and box tomorrow,but for now,the HinckleyHellcat`s got suspenders.
Picture267.jpg

Snuck in an extra inch plus of ground clearance too.no more draggin the kickstand.
:wtf:

D9

Vendor
Pretty damned interesting... ya didn't f*ck around, didja Steve? :D Looking forward to a ride report... also pics of you sitting on the bike. Always thought
the monoshock on the original TBS looked good, but never even considered what a mono would look like on a cafe'd bonnie... seeing what you did, I'm now
thinking why the hell not??

TBIRD+VERY+SPORT+CAFE.JPG

rodburner

Rocker
I need to do a little work on the frame rails and then re-do all the wiring,since the shock now resides where the battery box was,so,maybe by the weekend.Its cold and wet here and I don`t have a workspace like some people.

rodburner

Rocker
Added a couple more braces and gussets to the lower shock mount and got the new upper frame rails bent and tacked on.I like this simpler shape better than stock.
Picture269.jpg