Scrambling off the pavement.

:rocks:

desert.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

Bonniebret

Rocker
Great pics! The Scrambler has always seemed to me like merely a street bike dressed up for off-roading. How does it handle with all that weight?

This is not a joke - In response to a warranty claim, Triumph told me I voided my warranty by taking the Scram off road. They said that it was not meant to go off road. I call that playing both sides of the coin!

Rhodie

Street Tracker
Great post and pix thesomberlain nice to see your Scram riding trails.
Napping in the woods is just its way of sayin' :woot:

Skidplate865 - Dude, Triumph USA have certainly got your number!
Just shows what dumbasses :crazy: some of us are going out to make believe their hype.

I gather T-USA are marketing the Scrambler at the urban metrosexual chromium crowd now... :lol3:

Keep the posts coming thesomberlain it's good to ride against the grain sometimes.
Cheers
Rhodie

Deano

Two Stroke
Great pic's there mate. People seem to get really picky about the scram, and it's off road abilities. if you ride bikes, or know anything about them, it is obvious immediately what this bike is capable of. It is no purpose built dirt muncher, but as an adventure bike like the big old GS and all its imatators, it stacks up OK. Its hardy, well built and goes OK. Nothing about this bike sets the world on fire, but it is definetly a fun bike, feels good to ride, and chuck on the panniers and what ever else you want and you can get out there.
Can you tell us more, or show us pic's of the panniers on your bike 'thesomberlain'. It looks like a good set up.

Welll.....It handles as you would likely expect w/ no rear suspension dampening (you wrestle it around) & it does batter you a lot. BUT….it’s so much fun & quite rewarding to get this heavy thing through this stuff. A 17 tooth front sprocket is a must IMO for any offroad (and any onroad) adventure.

Here’s a link to the ride report for this trip:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16448292

As to the panniers, they’re nelson rigg bags over a custom frame:

scramblersmaller1.jpg

scramblersmaller2.jpg

With a newly mounted pelican 1520 topcase mounted to a beefed up (extra welded) Renntec rack.
DSCF0886.jpg

After returning from the trip I did notice big gouges both on the rear brake cylinder & the caliper bracket (cue Rhodies upper mount :rockon:). If I'd done 100 more miles of this stuff & the full rock garden I totally think I would have harmed the bike. I also bent the front rim a bit :playin: