Scrambler shifting

Esteban

Scooter
I bought a Scrambler this summer. It was a new, left over 2010 model. I've only got about 800 miles on it so far. It's a blast to ride and my only concern is the shifting is kinda clunky. I was attracted to Triumphs because of reviews saying they shift like knife though butter but that's not been the case for me.

I recently did the first service and installed the 2-1 Arrow exhaust and it's running much smoother overall. The dealer says the shifting will improve once it's broke in. Has that been y'alls experience?

pic attached

best,

Esteban

Attachments

• outside Blanco.jpg
    outside Blanco.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0

strokerlmt

I remember that the shifting got much smoother after a couple grand. It also gets smoother the hotter the oil gets.
LMT

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Seeing as it is a wet clutch double check your oil level. I had experienced less than ideal shifting that was clearly fixed adding more oil. No idea where the oil went, but I check it now much more frequently. No more issues.

Good luck and congrats on the bike.

nofate

Scooter
My 2010 Scram also has a clunky shifter. The clutch is adjusted and the synthetic oil level is good. Same thing hot or cold. I have about 12,000 km on the bike. I can live with it, but wish it was smoother.

Esteban

Scooter
My 2010 Scram also has a clunky shifter. The clutch is adjusted and the synthetic oil level is good. Same thing hot or cold. I have about 12,000 km on the bike. I can live with it, but wish it was smoother.

I recently had the 500 mile service. They used 15W-50 synthetic. The clutch and chain are adjusted to factory specs. It's a little smoother than before but but the shifting is clunk and clack rather than click. I love the machine overall but this issue is a disappointment. I'm giving it time but it's not something that I'll live with long term.

Thanks for ya'lls feedback!