Scrambler Reviews - any contributions wanted...

casper

Two Stroke
Hi guys,

let me introduce myself. I'm Casper (or Dave actually) from West Sussex, in England. I live in ''Scrambler country'' near the lovely South Downs National Park. Great scenery, great riding.

I am collecting Scrambler reviews on my personal blog site which is....

http://www.freewebs.com/bonnevilles/index.htm

If you have a Scrambler review I've not got, do let me know. Plus feel free to sign my guest book.

PLEASE NOTE: My site does have personal and political views, so don't look at these pages if you're of a 'sensitive' disposition, some are a little ''politically incorrect'' in these days.

Safe biking, enjoy the freedom!

Casper (Dave) :)

Old_Eric

Scooter
Hi, Casper,

I have visited your personal blog site with interest. I've also read all Scrambler revies found in the net. I can't remember if there are more reviews that you have listed on your site, so I can't help you here.

But there are some great ride reports to be found. Hans and Jan Willem rode on Scramblers from Cape Town to Tanzania. http://triumphsinafrica.blogspot.com/

Xavi Illas and Jose Luís ("Figui") from Barcelona have travelled a lot with Scramblers. They have rode at North Africa, made a Mediterranean tournee, and last summer from Barcelona to Mongolia. Next year they are planning to ride to India, Nepal and Vietnam. Their blog is written in Spanish but also for those, who can't read their text, there are many interesting photos. http://xaviillas.blogspot.com/

casper

Two Stroke
Eric,

many thanks.

The personal experiences of riders on longer rides (like your ride to Sweden) and the longer term tests and reviews are always better, IMO. So appreciated.

The Scrambler is a versatile and do anything bike. Like you've proved it can do some serious trail riding, over longer distances.

In 2 years and 2 months of ownership, apart from a change of tyres and routine service work (which I've done myself) nothing has gone wrong with the bike. I do about 4 to 5,000 miles per year on the bike, most of this in spring, summer and early autumn.

The South Downs is one of my favourite haunts and it is just made for the Scrambler!

I do farm tracks, which are not classified as roads, in the UK, and the bike is rock solid. Nice low speed handling characteristics and predictable. A lovely machine.

It always gets favourable attention from both bikers and non bikers alike. Many people just want to talk about the bike and the uninformed actually think it really is an old Meriden Triumph.

Safe riding.

Casper :)

casper

Two Stroke
Thank you all for those that have looked at my Triumph Scrambler tribute site.

http://www.freewebs.com/bonnevilles/index.htm

Most of the people looking came as a result of NBR. I hope you don't think I'm setting up an alternative site to NBR! :) Definitely not, but what I hoped to do was create a site where all the best reviews on the Scram could be brought together.

I've owned my Scram for over 2 years now and its been a really nice bike. I manage to do about 4 to 5,000 miles a year on the bike which are purely leisure miles at the weekends.

Keep those review suggestions coming!

Casper

Hi Casper

I ventured on the dirt last weekend for the 1st time on a Scrambler. Out the back of Alton Odium way, 3 minutes into the ride and I catapulted myself into a hedge. Darn deep ruts, but nothing disastrous apart from a broken clutch lever, 2 Hours later installed a new clutch lever and off to Salisbury plane for more adventures. Red flags in full view, I will take my chances, lucky they were being taken down as I delved deeper onto the planes. Took some serious climbs and drops where the tanks play and headed off to Stonehenge, sadly losing my Tool roll on route. Return journey via old Roman road towards Stockbridge via 3 fords.
Scrambler handled very well especially the front end, forks although slightly modified on oils took the bumps and knocks well and the rear suspension Hagon Nitro soaked up what was happening at the rear. A solid bike with a very tractable engine 1st and 2nd gear. There is a lot to do to the bike for a real go at off roading but the 1st step was a great pile of Fun

Knees in the breeze

casper

Two Stroke
Hi Casper

I ventured on the dirt last weekend for the 1st time on a Scrambler. Out the back of Alton Odium way, 3 minutes into the ride and I catapulted myself into a hedge. Darn deep ruts, but nothing disastrous apart from a broken clutch lever, 2 Hours later installed a new clutch lever and off to Salisbury plane for more adventures. Red flags in full view, I will take my chances, lucky they were being taken down as I delved deeper onto the planes. Took some serious climbs and drops where the tanks play and headed off to Stonehenge, sadly losing my Tool roll on route. Return journey via old Roman road towards Stockbridge via 3 fords.
Scrambler handled very well especially the front end, forks although slightly modified on oils took the bumps and knocks well and the rear suspension Hagon Nitro soaked up what was happening at the rear. A solid bike with a very tractable engine 1st and 2nd gear. There is a lot to do to the bike for a real go at off roading but the 1st step was a great pile of Fun

Knees in the breeze

Wow sounds like you put it through its paces then; got any pictures you'd like me to post on my site maybe?

Heres a peach...Rickman Metisse scrambler...you're on sacred ground now...

steve_mcqueen_motorcycle-1.jpg

mark66

TT Racer
Casper, that Rickman Matisse is truly a beautiful bike. I can see the Amal carb, and do you know, is that a 650 with a chrome moly frame. That's one bike I wish I could own. Thanks for posting the pic.
Mark

casper

Two Stroke
Casper, that Rickman Matisse is truly a beautiful bike. I can see the Amal carb, and do you know, is that a 650 with a chrome moly frame. That's one bike I wish I could own. Thanks for posting the pic.
Mark

Mark,

from the company website:

It is a:

''Mark III chrome moly, nickel plated, oil-bearing frame with oil filter included. “A revolutionary piece of equipment that does away with the oil tank The oil circulates through the tubes of the frame, which keeps it cool. That’s especially important when you’re racing or driving under hard conditions. It helps to avoid breakdowns and should make piston seizures quite rare.”

This is a lot of money for one bike (nearly £14k) , but if you love the concept and have a few dollars maybe its a bike to consider?

It weighs in at 300 lbs. ands I wish my Scrambler was that light !!!!! It puts out 47 bhp.

Here is the link to the company web site...

http://www.metisse-motorcycles.com/stevemcqueen.htm