Scrambler ready for traveling

Iceseven

750cc
While not quite the same as Rhodie's superb Asian expedition I have been prepping the Scram for a trip from Estes Park, Colorado to the Grand Canyon. Went with a Spitfire windscreen, mono-saddlebag and tail bag setup.

PIMG0083.jpg

PIMG0084-1.jpg

Iceseven

750cc
Nice Scrambler Ice! I actually love them but i can't justify getting a scrambler to the wife. I'm having a hard time right now filling in my gun collection quickly before the election. She just doesn't understand why a man needs more than one gun; "How many can you shoot at one time?" :D

Funny stuff Hedge!

Skid, looks like a good setup when traveling with a passenger.

NEPatriots9

Scooter
Jesus Kevin, can you even see over that tank bag. Glad you and Elise made it back to NYC ok.

Get that gel seat yet?

Next guy who mentions a gel seat or any other "make it more comfortable" option to my girl....Bam! right in the kisser! JK Yeah, the trip back was nice on Monday, but even nicer - we took a ride on Sunday afternoon - 9 east to 100, up past Mt. Snow and then 15 0r 20 miles on a dirt road - no houses or an civilization - back to rout 7. It was the coolest ride I've taken on the Scrambler! I'll post a pic when/if Elise downloads her camera...

Have to throw in a pic of mine! Here's a pic right after I lost my Cortech tank bag (with my camera and wallet in it- off the bike and down a cliff. Helluva fun time retrieving it).

P1010354.jpg

Iceseven

750cc
Just got back, did around 1800 miles but had to break away from my two friends on their Harleys and do my own thing, their idea of fun was to go 90mph from spot to spot and take pictures the haul ass to the next so I split and spent most of the week exploring. Met some really cool people and found some great backroads.

MonumentValley.jpg

Iceseven

750cc
Thanks Rhodie, got to say that the Scrambler did quite well for long trips.

Rode with a friend and his father-in-law on Harley's over trail ridge road in Rocky Mountain Park with spectacular scenery and a little snowfall which didn't stick, this road goes up and over the continental divide with a high elevation of 12,183ft then down towards Granby, Colorado.

WesternSlope.jpg

Rode to Grand Junction, Co. then down through Utah past Moab then through Monument Valley.

MonumentValley.jpg

I tired of following my friends at 90mph all over they place so I broke off in Kayenta Arizona and headed through Durango then Pagosa Springs then headed south through northern New Mexico.

NewMexico.jpg

Then on to Santa Fe New Mexico then worked my way back north exploring some incredible mountain roads along the way.

Passed through the Royal Gorge area in Canon City Colorado and rode across the highest suspension bridge in the world, this thing actually swayed in the wind.

RoyalGorgeBridge.jpg

RoyalGorge.jpg

Then worked my way back North towards home. What I really remember about a week on a bike was that once on my own and a less hurried time frame is actually when I began to really experience the ride.

I met so many friendly people, most were interested in the Triumph, others told me about local places to check out, there were interesting and funny characters along the way and that was the funnest part.

DavidC

Rocker
their idea of fun was to go 90mph from spot to spot and take pictures the haul ass to the next so I split and spent most of the week exploring.

Yeah, that's like a tour group in Europe -"Off the bus! On the bus!" Man, I cannot believe you crossed that bridge! I get creeped out just lookin' at it. What balls you have. Great photos!

blumtnman

Scooter
Wow

Thanks Rhodie, got to say that the Scrambler did quite well for long trips.

Rode with a friend and his father-in-law on Harley's over trail ridge road in Rocky Mountain Park with spectacular scenery and a little snowfall which didn't stick, this road goes up and over the continental divide with a high elevation of 12,183ft then down towards Granby, Colorado.

WesternSlope.jpg

Rode to Grand Junction, Co. then down through Utah past Moab then through Monument Valley.

MonumentValley.jpg

I tired of following my friends at 90mph all over they place so I broke off in Kayenta Arizona and headed through Durango then Pagosa Springs then headed south through northern New Mexico.

NewMexico.jpg

Then on to Santa Fe New Mexico then worked my way back north exploring some incredible mountain roads along the way.

Passed through the Royal Gorge area in Canon City Colorado and rode across the highest suspension bridge in the world, this thing actually swayed in the wind.

RoyalGorgeBridge.jpg

RoyalGorge.jpg

Then worked my way back North towards home. What I really remember about a week on a bike was that once on my own and a less hurried time frame is actually when I began to really experience the ride.

I met so many friendly people, most were interested in the Triumph, others told me about local places to check out, there were interesting and funny characters along the way and that was the funnest part.

Holy shit that damn bridge is high. Great pics.:D:D:

Rhodie

Street Tracker
Ice
Thanks for sharing with us your ride and great pictures.
That was really quite some trip!
Cheers
Rhodie