Scrambler Bliss!

homefront

Scooter
I posted in the welcome section about wanting to buy a Bonneville T100 to replace my '08 Tiger.

This past Thursday, I went to my dealer to test ride both a Bonneville SE and a T100, to be certain that a T100 was really what I wanted. I had ridden both before (just before I bought the Tiger) but wanted to refresh my memory.

It so happened that they had just received a 2010 Scrambler on trade in, with only 800 miles on it. It looked pristine and had a few options already installed (gel seat, hand guards, black mirrors) so I took it out for a test run.

Wow. :c

The light weight, the torquey-but-revvy engine, the generous lean angle, the dirtbike riding stance... I was hooked right away. Felt like I was on a flat-tracker!

I don't remember either the SE or the T100, as nice as they are, having anything like the fun factor this Scrambler has.

I'm proud to say I now own this machine. :D

I've owned a fair number of bikes, for both on and off road riding. Most recently, I had a '99 Sportster, an '08 KLR650 and the 1050 Tiger in my garage. The Sportster had that tractor engine and "cool" factor; the KLR was light, could lean waaaay over and was comfortable and able on twisty backroads; the Tiger was like flying an F16 (or at least what I imagine it's like :eek:). I sold 2 bikes and was down to just the Tiger, but despite it's amazing power and handling I wasn't satisfied. It was TOO fast, too smooth... I didn't feel like I was hustling until the speedo read at least 75. I wanted something maybe just a little less refined, more like the motorcycles I remember from the '60's and '70's.

With the Scrambler I feel satisfied. Has the "cool" factor, has the handling, has a great engine... and at 60 I feel like I'm moving right along.

Like I said... satisfied! :up:

doublecafe

Scooter
Congrats Homefront,

I agree with you 100% on the Scrambler Fun Factor. I sold mine about a month ago (needed quick cash) and I'm already starting to look for another.

Deano

Two Stroke
Good post and welcome dude.
Too fast and too smooth - hmmmm. Sometimes I have thought of replacing the scrambler with a tiger (along with others) but I keep coming back to that fun thing too. They are awesome bikes mate, and just recently I have started riding mine in the higher rev range up through the gears (instead of the old short shift and riding on the torque) and realised my bike has a whole lot more than I thought it did. Initially I didnt like getting it 'up there' as changing gears at high revs it always gave a solid snick, but by playing around with getting the throttle blip just right to get the revs higher as the gear engages I can get it really smooth, and she fly's.
But then somedays its just cruzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

koifarm

Hooligan
Welcome aboard Homey, now you've got something exciting between your legs !....nice to hear from you, enjoy the forum, there's plenty of nuts like you around here.....lmao....
Scrams are wonderful bikes, you're a lucky dude....

homefront

Scooter
Thanks, guys!

I'm hoping the rain will hold off here in Pa today, so I can get out and ride. The bike isn't finished yet; I need a leather side bag, new headlight bulb, idiot light LED's and maybe some slip-ons. I'll try to post some pics later on.

I was super pleased with the design / build / quality of my Tiger; the same holds true for this Scrambler. Triumph builds a great bike. :motorbike2:

homefront

Scooter
Welcome aboard Homey, now you've got something exciting between your legs !....nice to hear from you, enjoy the forum, there's plenty of nuts like you around here.....lmao....
Scrams are wonderful bikes, you're a lucky dude....

Mr. Koifarm,

Thanks for the welcome. However, I must point out that excitement between my legs is not a new phenomenon.:boob: The Scrambler just adds a new and welcome dimension to my daily excitement! :banana:

...and you are absolutely right when you say I am one lucky nut. :up:

Rhodie

Street Tracker
Wow. :c

The light weight, the torquey-but-revvy engine, the generous lean angle, the dirtbike riding stance... I was hooked right away. Felt like I was on a flat-tracker!

I don't remember either the SE or the T100, as nice as they are, having anything like the fun factor this Scrambler has.

I'm proud to say I now own this machine. :D

I've owned a fair number of bikes, for both on and off road riding. Most recently, I had a '99 Sportster, an '08 KLR650 and the 1050 Tiger in my garage. The Sportster had that tractor engine and "cool" factor; the KLR was light, could lean waaaay over and was comfortable and able on twisty backroads; the Tiger was like flying an F16 (or at least what I imagine it's like :eek:). I sold 2 bikes and was down to just the Tiger, but despite it's amazing power and handling I wasn't satisfied. It was TOO fast, too smooth... I didn't feel like I was hustling until the speedo read at least 75. I wanted something maybe just a little less refined, more like the motorcycles I remember from the '60's and '70's.

With the Scrambler I feel satisfied. Has the "cool" factor, has the handling, has a great engine... and at 60 I feel like I'm moving right along.

Like I said... satisfied! :up:

Good homage to a great bike.
As Rick [in Casablanca] said, "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
Enjoy.
Rhodie

scramjam

Scooter
"Wow.

The light weight, the torquey-but-revvy engine, the generous lean angle, the dirtbike riding stance... I was hooked right away. Felt like I was on a flat-tracker!"

Amen brother!