scram for touring?

That was tongue in cheek - I probably did say 'perfect' in my naive first year or two of riding... Also, 'brave' must be a hop-skip & a jump from stupid!:sheep:

Sorry-didn't mean to mis-quote you but I was sure I heard that word outside the cafe at breakfast two years ago. I remember (or not, I quess) because I thought it was very brave of you to do as many long trips as you do on that bike. At any rate, I stand corrected.

Like most things in life , the Scrambler is not perfect.

OCTMIKE

Scooter
scram for touring hell yeah

I've had my scram in every state west of texas from canada to mexico. the best part is the looks you get when they (locals from where ever) say "you're from where?" and "on that?"

bonnxton

Scooter
No worries.
I just rode 1800 miles in 2 and a half days on mine. From Washington DC to Boulder Colorado.
Not all of it was Interstate.
Sheepskin arse pad and a 19 tooth sprocket helped. Plus the fly screen works if you are not tall.
It's fine. Flies along at 85 all day if you have to.
Seriously, my bum was not sore. Bicycle shorts also help. Changed the shocks and springs too per previous post.
The saddle bag is half an old set of Courtech Sport bags I had lying around.
Cheers.

Attachments

• scram.jpg
    scram.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

RoyNC

Street Tracker
I've been riding my Scram all over NC, SC, TN and VA. It is extremely comfortable and doing 300+ mile trips is easy. I mostly ride the back roads and every little town I roll into folks always want to talk when they see me stop. People try to talk to me all the time at stop lights too. They usually want to know the same questions like "where are you from" and "where are you headed." But..the most common question I get is "I had no idea Triumph still made those. Where did you find it and what year is it?" Today at a gas station while I was wiping all the bugs off my face and jacket and downing a red bull a couple of guys on croth rockets roll up and all they wanted to talk about is my bike and how they have never seen a Scrambler. I think there may be a few converts as they seemed pretty impressed once I told them I average about 1,200 miles a month.

Bonnxton can you elaborate on the sprocket....that's an install for everyday riding or just long trips? How's that work around town?