Sad news for the North GA Riders

RumRunner

Street Tracker
Sad news for the North GA riders...

TWO (Two Wheels Only) is closing there doors on March 15th so if you're out and about you might want to stop by one last time.

Bonafide

NBR founder
We stopped by there last weekend and they were closed. Sign said "open on nice weekends". Guess they didnt walk outside and feel the sunshine.

While standing there in the parking lot, we talked about how run down the building is and how the entire property isnt kept-up like it use to be.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
I know what you mean. I was out last Sunday for a quick ride and was planning on stopping in for a quick bite and to warm up. It looked like a Village People Convention so I decided to head down to see Linda at Riders Hill instead and eat lunch there...

RoyNC

Street Tracker
I read on their website that apparently the property has been passed on to new "inheritors" and they have refused to renew the lease on the property. That's a shame.

sanjuro

Two Stroke
I will definitely miss TWO. Rider's Hill lacks some of the charm, not to mention it's a bit close to Dahlonega to be a good break location like TWO.

b717doc

Scooter
I know, right? My ex-wife actually turned me on to TWO years ago....Since then, I have used the campground for therapy, just to get away from it all, just me and my bike. I was all alone there one night in May, decided to cook some salmon I had purchased on a open fire. Was'nt a soul in sight, and I was in the most remote campsite there. Well about 10 minutes after eating, I hear what sounds like a rather large "animal" coming down the hill, toward the scent of the fresh salmon.... It kept getting closer and closer, and being armed with like, NOTHING, I started my 2005 America and revved the engine to perhaps scare said creature away. This worked, but did'nt sleep a wink that night...good therapy!!! The last visit to T.W.O included 3 of my best riding buddies. Myself and Greg on our 1972 Bonnevilles, Bill, on his BSA lightning, and Cass on his Harley. By midnight, I had built a roaring fire, and people from all over the campground, and coming in off the road, gathered around sharing stories. One couple just sold everything, bought the first bike they seen (a 1979 Honda somethin or 'nother) and hit the interstate. He learned to ride THAT DAY coming up I-75!!! Needless to say, everyone there that night had a special experience that we'll always remember....Nothing good ever seems to last forever I guess....