Rockers vs Mods Dallas pics

It was a cool event. Thanks for the pics. Too bad we didn't get to hang out more. We were both pretty busy with our own schedules. I'll definitely be there next year (hopefully on the royal enfield).

I was there with a group of 6 guys and 2 girls and we were staying at 2 separate condos. You can imagine the pain in the ass getting anywhere was...we missed out on a lot of events over the weekend and it was frustrating for me, but I still had a good time nevertheless. My friends were more interested in hanging out, and I was more interested in the bikes. Next year I'd like to go with a leaner group.

nohawk

Rocker
Nice pics Jeff. Was that guy from Cafe Racer mag name Mike Seate? And does he have a pot leaf tattoo on his hand?

Nice pics Jeff. Was that guy from Cafe Racer mag name Mike Seate? And does he have a pot leaf tattoo on his hand?

that name might be right. He had lots of tats, but I don't specifically remember a pot leaf on his hand. Lots of big tribal shit on his forearms.

nohawk

Rocker
That's the guy. I met him at TX motor speedway a couple years ago. So is the magazine gonna do a feature on your bike or on the show in Dallas? Cool either way

I'm not sure what they're going to do with my bike. They were going to do a feature on the RvM Dallas and they're also building up a new Bonnie for AHRMA racing, so he was picking my brain on performance mods. They also want to do a front end swap on their Bonnie, so he was very interested in mine. So, my bike could either be in a Rockers vs Mods blurb, a modified Bonnie blurb, or by itself. I'm not really sure. I only talked to him for 5-10 minutes, just long enough to snap a few pics and ask a few questions.

I did leave him with my # and email address. I told him to call me about his Bonnie if he had questions. I hope he does.

Last edited:
He was a super cool and nice guy. Very easy guy to talk to and you can tell he loves cafe bikes with a passion. It was nice to meet him, regardless of my bike getting to print.

dschief

750cc
He was a super cool and nice guy. Very easy guy to talk to and you can tell he loves cafe bikes with a passion. It was nice to meet him, regardless of my bike getting to print.

That is just too cool!

Mike's Cafe Racer magazine is #1 in my house. Where else can you find a magazine that features bikes (just like every bike I own) on a regular basis? No where! The ONLY complaint I have (and it's minor) is he needs to proof read his articles a bit more. I hope he can get to the point when it's more than a quarterly publication.

I hope you asked him to join and pop in on this group once in awhile. We got Mitch Boehm (formerly of Motorcyclist and Motorcyclist Retro) from Moto Retro to join the 2 stroke groups I belong to, and he keeps us up to date with up coming articles. The groups also kick in any time he needs any help or info for a feature.