riding in april, 2009

Bonafide

NBR founder
This past week was a glorious time for riding and we got 4 days (Sat, Sun, Tues, Weds). Didnt take pics of everything, but here's some of fun ...

Saturday - participated in the Georgia Fallen Peace Officer memorial ride. I'm sure you have amount as much interest in seeing 2000+ Harleys sitting in a parking lot as I do ...

Sunday, Me, JCW, and GF do The Loop to Suches, Ga. Morganton, etc. About a 275 mi trip for me and GF.

Taking a break just outside Dahlonega, Ga

april_09.jpg

Ripped it up Hwy 60 and hung out for a few at the famous T.W.Os ...

april_09_2.jpg

Taking a break in Morganton after tearing up the rest of Hwy 60 ..

april_09_3.jpg

Bonafide

NBR founder
Tues, I didnt have a camera, but maybe JCW or Dawggone (Chris from California) will post some later. Chris flew in from California on Monday to hang out for a few days - then him and JCW were riding up to Maggie Valley for the NTBF gathering. We took Chris on the The Loop with some new twists thrown in. He loved it, and somehow managed to keep us in sight. :)

Weds, me, GF, JCW, and Dawggone ride to Barbers Motorcycle Museum.

JCW experiences battery failure (the bikes original circa 2003 built battery) in the middle of nowhere Alabama.

apr_barb.jpg

I call a friend who owns a restoration shop about 30 mins away. He orders in a battery for us and says he's getting a trailer ready to come get JCW. But wait ... JCW has an idea. Let's swap batteries between bikes, bump the bike with old battery and maybe it'll charge it enough to make to my buds shop.

Chris: That's an idea ...

apr_barb2.jpg

Yeah! It's works!

apr_barb3.jpg

Get to my buddys shop and he already has the new battery on the charger. We take a quick tour of the facility. He mainly specializes in Mustangs.

apr_barb4.jpg

I'm gonna stand over here in the shade with the shop owner while JCW changes out batteries again.

apr_barb5.jpg

Bonafide

NBR founder
Back on the road and only 1 1/2hrs lost to part failure. COOL! We can still have time to visit the museum.

Just entering the facility. If ever have the chance and love seeing some of the coolest bikes in history - this is the place.

apr_barb6.jpg

JCW, GF, and DG outside the museum entrance.

apr_barb7.jpg

Some cool bikes indeed ...

apr_barb8.jpg

The AMA superbike trucks were arriving, but the museum was a ghost town - norm for a mid-week visit. We missed lunch and the museum grill was closed - so we make a picnic out of vending machine junk food.

apr_barb9.jpg

That's about all the pics. Me and GF had to get back early so we motored WFO back to the house - but here's one more of my favs. New vs. Old

apr_barb10.jpg

boboso

Scooter
Hopefully one of these trips back East to visit family (north) I can stop in a get a ride in with you guys... We here in Cali owe it to John W and respect to Scott F.