Riders dogs - let's see 'em!

Well, it's a sad night for us in Maryland.

Very sorry for you and family, it's been 12 mths for us since a similar situation with our Max (on right in photo) my eyes are welling up just thinking about your loss. We still have his sister Molly (on left in photo) but she is slowing down.
P6190089.jpg

Motley

750cc
Well, it's a sad night for us in Maryland. Maggie finally became too frail and just couldn't get around any more. We had to put her down this afternoon. Pretty tough, but it was the right thing to do. She was too close to injuring herself on recently and we didn't want her to have to go out in pain. She's resting under her favorite tree in our backyard. Digging the hole almost took me out, temps were 101 here today. Maggie would have been 16 years old on Saturday, she was a great dog and we were lucky to have her that long.

Ellie is now the queen of the roost, I'm curious to see if this does anything to her.

That's tough. I've had to dig a few holes.............it doesn't get easier. Sixteen is a good age for a terrier, Maggie was obviously loved and well cared for.

T-boy

Rocker
Well, it's a sad night for us in Maryland. Maggie finally became too frail and just couldn't get around any more. We had to put her down this afternoon. Pretty tough, but it was the right thing to do.

After putting our Golden Retriever down a short while ago, I know your pain all too well. You did the right thing. I'm sure Maggie had a great life with you and your family.

Dont really have that many pics of my two. Must remedy that Both are healers Cobber (male) is a Queensland red stumpy tail Healer. And Gypsie (female) is cross dingo/healer. Looks like healer but howls as unable to bark.

Both are exceptional dogs and dont need to be fenced in as wont go past land boundary without me for any reason. Can even leave them outside shops and they wait till we return with shopping. Cant say this is great training on my part. More a natural instict of this breed, but makes it a lot easier to take them to beach, bush walks or on holiday. As dont have to worry about them, if leave outside alone, or even if cant take them with you such as national parks. Just leave dry food next to car and return later. Longest left by car so far was 3 days.
Cobber was born deaf and Gypsie is starting to become deaf as well as losing her sight.

2696998050100875198S500x500Q85.jpg
2003077670100875198S600x600Q85.jpg

hankmarx

750cc
Here's 2 of my 3 Blue Heelers.

I wish I was half the man my dogs think I am.

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 0

Bonafide

NBR founder
BFFs ...

morgan_giz_2010.jpg

Mutt and Jeff .. well, actually their names are Apex and Gizmo, but you get the picture.

apex_gizmo_june10.jpg

Just Gizmo ... googily eyed fool.

july2010_gizmo2.jpg

my 2 Airedale Terriers:

Pepper, my 8 year old girl, likes to eat laying down

38959_1340795401302_1273707195_818557_5667923_n.jpg

and my 1.5 year old boy Jerome, enjoying a new chew toy:

40080_1340796201322_1273707195_818563_6955433_n.jpg

Ryan

Scooter
A fellow Westy lover here. Here's my two furry family members:
Darby (7 yrs) and Dash (15 weeks)
photo(2).jpg

SSjones: Condolences, its always hard to see our companions go. Any more Westies in the future?

Kirkus51

Hooligan
had a buddy who had two St. Bernards at one time. Went 4wheeling in the mountains one weekend. He'd let em out for an hour or two at a time. They roamed pretty far away and they'd come back when he honked his horn. Amazing stuff for a leash law city kid to see. He had the neatest trailer set up for them to ride in.

monty

Street Tracker
I've previously posted pics of our last hairy fellow, Sam.

Here's er.............Monty.

This may explain why some of my spelling is rubbish as I have trouble with the keyboard and my paws.
Sam on left, me on right.

Attachments

• tommygun8 014.jpg
    tommygun8 014.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
  • monty at large caravan 1 068.jpg
    monty at large caravan 1 068.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 0

outwestrider

Scooter
Old Dog

Here's my girl friend -she's always happy to see me no matter how long I've been out riding - while the wife .... uh ... isn't always so happy ... in dog years - Old Dog should be dead - but at 15 she's still hanging on - the wife helped the momma dog deliver Old Dog and 8 others back when - it'll for sure crush us when she goes - only kid we've ever had ...

photo.jpg

outwestrider

Scooter
Whew, the toughest thing I've ever had to do, which I guess means we've been pretty blessed.

with ya there - thanks - being human can definitely be challenging - ability to reason (or not) and all that - thoughts to you and yours - glad you have photos of the good times ... and to musicswap---- ......... more is better!

johnrm

Scooter
Reason I'm buying a Thruxton with a Sidecar

Dizzy. 11 years old. Smarter than many people that I've met and more loyal than all. Pretty darn good squirrel hunter also. Rescued at 3 months. I would do anything for her.

Attachments

• Diz.jpg
    Diz.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 0
  • Diz 2.jpg
    Diz 2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0