review of the triumph expedition glove

steamfitter

Two Stroke
recently bought this glove from local dealer. it is very well made and i like the precurved fingers. has the nuckle protectors and extra padding around the wrist area. it has goretex and it is waterproof. my only complaint is it is billed as a cold weather glove. it is fairly warm to about 50 degrees or so, but any less it gets cold quick. i wore this glove on my daily 55 mile commutes to work. wore it with temps as low as 35 degrees. i started to develop frostbite after about 40 miles. dexterity was very good with this glove. i would say this glove is at its best on longer commutes in the fall. any colder than 45 degrees and i would consider a heated glove or grips perhaps. it was around 90 bucks so it isn't cheap but you get what you pay for it. -keith

grindal

Scooter
I have bought these glove's last weekend, only 2 ride's to work, but a lot better than my previous gloves (no reinforcements etc...) gives enough support around wrists, and indeed the precurved fingers quite feels good, untill now they keep me dry, curious what it would be after a year or so... Also movement with your thumb is quite easy not to tight! Haven't used the visor-wiper until now.

With cold temperatures -5°C your fingertips will get cold! after a 15km ride, but i suppose @ these temperatures most glove's wont keep you warm enough!

Last edited:

Wonderdog

Scooter
If not too tight, wear a pair of polypro liners underneath the expeditions and I think you will find the temps you describe much more bearable. I do that on colder days and it has worked for me.