Retro TRIUMPH FAKE ? JACKET

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Nope. I'm just telling you what I found and what I think. Can you guess what I'm thinking now? :finger:

Let's see... I'm pretty sure you're thinking that you are in fact the all-knowing individual, and anyone that has a difference of opinion isn't welcome to post here. There seems to be a gang mentality here that gives the impression newcomers aren't wanted. No wonder this is such a small time forum and by all indications will continue to stay that way. I personally would prefer to post where members can express there opinions, and conduct discussions like adults. But if you guys want to keep your little immature gang in tact, more power to ya. Maybe Kingbear can act as your gang leader... coz he's obviously up to the task.

Back to the subject at hand, I personally don't care if the jacket is authentic, "fake" or a bootleg replica made in Pakistan. All I know is you won't find the jacket in any recent Triumph Clothing catalog anywhere.

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I guess the whole concern is if it is fake/bootlegged/counterfeit what ever, don't pay the full price of the genuine item for something that may be of inferior quality and if it is protective gear a potential safety risk. Back some years my mate paid top dollar for a pair of Reebok shoes only to have the soles fall off about two weeks later. It worked out there was a huge counterfeit shipment of Reebok shoes into the country. But I get what is the concern that if you are going to copy something why not do it the same?? I had a Simpsons tee shirt bought in Thailand that they had missed the letter P in the name. Buyer beware...........

Let's see... I'm pretty sure you're thinking that you are in fact the all-knowing individual, and anyone that has a difference of opinion isn't welcome to post here. There seems to be a gang mentality here that gives the impression newcomers aren't wanted.

I have to say with the responses from some I wonder myself why I bothered to ask!

I asked because I thought i would get an answer from people who may know, as I could not find the information. Not stupid replies like looks shit, how many fingers am i holding up etc.

I have now from another forum, found out it is genuine, for those that just may be interested to know the answer to the actual question. And tho its not the jacket i want either, it is nice to know that both styles were actually made by Triumph, and i can provide the actual information to the person who thought it a fake.

For those who participated with sensible replies like Lone trumpet many thanks. And for those who seem to just wanna put shit on anything and ignore the actual question asked. thanks for nothing.

Rhodie

Street Tracker
FWIW - I regularly go to Tachilek in Burma [from Northern Thailand] where a small proportion of Chinese-made named brand knock-offs are available.
There they have varying quality versions of the same thing, whether it be Blueberry phones, TAG-Heuer watches, high-end bags [for the gals!] or even Fox/Sidi/Dianisi/H-D M/C clothing and off course DVD/BlueRay discs etc.
The one thing that is noticeable is the attention to detail in the packaging and labeling. In the old-days the spelling was clap, but now it is spot-on and the packaging is so good that you are led to believe that these are 'seconds' being sold out of the back door of the factories allegedly commissioned to making the real stuff.
It is only when you can handle and feel the quality of the object and see the workmanship & materials used, that you can tell whether it is real or not.
The M/C gear I have seen, imho never passed that test, but then in Tachilek they are selling mainly to Thais who have not seen the original in the first place.
The big scam at the moment is the fake prescription drugs where they even have hologram strips and legit looking blister packs. This is particularly dangerous for those needing anti-malarial medicines.

loxpump

Rocker
The one I have has the un-broken swirl. I don't think I got a knock off from my dealer, just an ugly jacket I suppose.

just an ugly jacket I suppose.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;-)

I ended up with an ugly paddock jacket with no break in swirl myself :) I like it and was a great price. Put in a very low bid for the hell of it and no one else upped it.

retro4.jpg
linerretro.jpg

And can see now that i have one that even tho this is not the leather one (except the checker part). The quality is very good.

Removable inner lining and Knox armour. Material is Cordura.

Last edited:

loxpump

Rocker
beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;-)

I ended up with an ugly paddock jacket with no break in swirl myself :) I like it and was a great price. Put in a very low bid for the hell of it and no one else upped it.

retro4.jpg
linerretro.jpg

And can see now that i have one that even tho this is not the leather one (except the checker part). The quality is very good.

Removable inner lining and Knox armour. Material is Cordura.

That's the one I have. It works great when my mesh jacket isn't warm enough even with it's liner in. This one blocks wind and with the liner gets me down to the upper 40's temp wise.

KingBear

Hooligan
My only riding jacket is the Triumph Rochester mesh jacket. When it gets cold I throw a WindStopper fleece under it as a liner and I'm comfy as can be. Holding out for a nice leather Schott 585, but at almost $600 I think I'll be holding for a long time.