reproduction fuel tank seam trim

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Has anybody fitted the chrome aftermarket strip that is to replicate the trim used to cover the seam of the older bonnies fuel tank? Is it just stick on plastic chrome? does it eventually begin to lift, fade/discolour to yellow and crack like all of the plastic chrome products on the market these days or is it worth the money?

Iceseven

750cc
Twodogs,

I used some flexible self-adhesive chrome stripping from Autozone, it comes in a roll so you have plenty and it was around $10.00.

I cut the front edge of the strip at an angle and put a little silver paint on the cut, since it will be black when you cut it.

I have had the strip on for around 5 years and it still looks good. I really like the look.

Ice

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Twodogs,

I used some flexible self-adhesive chrome stripping from Autozone, it comes in a roll so you have plenty and it was around $10.00.

I cut the front edge of the strip at an angle and put a little silver paint on the cut, since it will be black when you cut it.

I have had the strip on for around 5 years and it still looks good. I really like the look.

Ice

I have seen this stuff go black all over if it does see a lot of weather, more so when applied to cars. But yes I do agree it does look good.