Rentech Rack and JC Whitney Top Case!

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
FINALLY I received my Rentech Rack, and was able to install it with my recently purchassed JC Whitney Top Case.

Not too bad, and looks great!

exhaustclearance.jpg

It was necessary to push in the old Scrambler Exhaust Mount (I removed the stock exhaust for a low mount) to make clearance for the Rentech. I am sure I could have adjusted the rack to fit, but moving the mount about 1/4" was easier.

lineup2.jpg

Even so, a little tweaking of the Rentech rack mount was necessary to get the holes to line up with the Scrambler exhaust mount.

altseatmount1.jpg

While I was there I needed to wallow out the Corbin Seat mounts for easier access. Then I added some bolts from the backside, and lock washers and nuts, but will swap in the wing nuts in the near future.

seatmountnuts.jpg

Not a bad look, and easy.

topcasemount5.jpg

topcasemount2.jpg

I also added the JCW top case mounting plate. I have had three of these on different bikes now, and am very happy with the quality and sturdiness.

topcasemounted2.jpg

topcasemounted3.jpg

topcasemount3.jpg

Mounted.

All in all, a quick mod that will work great in the future based on past experience! I will also be able to remove the top case in seconds, and add some dry bags for more storage!

Jim :cool:

koifarm

Hooligan
Nice looking mod for sure, brings to mind you could also mount an infant car seat back there when you trot your baby out for a ride???!! Of course if you don't have a baby, well then....no sweat!!