Remembering Scott Forsythe ...

Bonafide

NBR founder
It'll been a year since we lost Scott, May 18th to be exact.
Just posting this video up of the 3 of us (Scott, JCW, and Me) making a winter run across Blood Mtn/Ga Hwy 129 ... as I sit here missing him.

As the video starts, that's Scott directly in front of me. He takes off, leaving me and JCW struggling to keep up with his 03 Bonnie T100 (aka Ol Blue).

Live life fellas ... you never know when it'll be over.

On You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV7dtyMqqZ4

Very cool video. Sorry for the loss of your friend.
You should come to Bennington.
Uncle Charlie

koifarm

Hooligan
Sorry about your friend, Bonafide, it's always a hard thing to lose friends before their time.
You honor him in your memories of the times you had together.

Vendor
It's been a year since we lost Scott, April 18th to be exact.
Just posting this video up of the 3 of us (Scott, JCW, and Me) making a winter run across Blood Mtn/Ga Hwy 129 ... as I sit here missing him.

As the video starts, that's Scott directly in front of me. He takes off, leaving me and JCW struggling to keep up with his 03 Bonnie T100 (aka Ol Blue).

I really missing him as well Bud.
One of the best.
PS: He passed away May 18th 2008, I will never forget that day.

Bonafide

NBR founder
PS: He passed away May 18th 2008, I will never forget that day.

Yeah ... I got the dates crossed up. I edited the original post - thanks mang. I had low sided my bike on May 5th (JCW and Scott were in Maggie Valley and I was riding solo for once.) and was still in my walking boot on the 18th. Just missing the guy I guess.

Scott's impact on this world wont be forgotten - as this forum was created in his memory.

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
Condolences on the passing of your friend.

My best buddy died two years ago July 21, I feel your pain.

Great ride video, looks like a mountain I've crossed before.

Last edited:

Nick Morey

Rocker
I'm new here and didn't know Scott but, if he enjoyed "Ol Blue" and real people then, Bonafide, this forum is truly an honorable tribute to him.

Iceseven

750cc
Very sad. That video just shows how much fun that you guys had and how much you all loved Triumphs.

RIP Scott.

Rhodie

Street Tracker
Really good vid & a great testament to a riding buddy.
Those roads are awesome, as well as the lines Scott was riding.
A lesson for some and an inspiration for many.
It's important not to forget comrades who've gone before.
Thanks for posting.

D9

Vendor
Really good vid & a great testament to a riding buddy.
Those roads are awesome, as well as the lines Scott was riding.
A lesson for some and an inspiration for many.
It's important not to forget comrades who've gone before.
Thanks for posting.

+1

That's an intense video for me to watch - it has been, every time
I've seen it, I imagine it always will be. This forum and all who bring
something good to it as they participate here truly honor the life &
memory of Scott.

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
Yeah, that is a great video.
Scott must have been a fantastic guy. Very nice of his friends to remember him this way. Thanks for sharing Bonafide.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Nice post man, good memories for sure. The 40 some of us meeting at Maggie Valley next week will surely miss Scott and his riding skills. There is a few hours of video Scott shot while he and I did some riding on our own Sat last year at Maggie and then some more of a group ride Sunday am up on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. I haven't been able to bring myself to view it though and put something together. That was just a few weeks before his passing. Live everyday like it's your last - it just may very well be.

Str8up

Scooter
It's anyone's guess why good people's lives get cut short. I lost a 15 year old daughter in a car wreck. I have to believe God chooses to take good people early to prevent the hardships they would have in store if they remained hear on earth. I didn't know Scott but I can tell he meant alot to so many. Bonafide...you honoring him is such a way speaks volumes not only about Scott but it's a testimony there are still good people in this world.

T-boy

Rocker
After reading through these posts, I almost feel as though I know Scott. Sounds like he was a peach of a guy and it's great to see that his memory and spirit lives on through a true friend, Bonafide..

DandyDoug

750cc
Bonifide & JCW,

While I was on my Bonneville out at KittyHawk this past weekend ,for some reason I started thinking about Scott and how much I miss him. Hard to believe it's already been a year since we lost him.

During the last Sunday morning ride at last years gathering in Maggie Valley he took some video of me gettin it on that I never got to see or have, If you do have that John I would treasure a copy.

I have a video that Scott took of me during my first rally at the Gap while we were on the BRP going over to Maggie Valley to visit the Wheels Through Time Museum. I watch it some times late at night when I'm up rattling around, still brings a tear to my eye.
I sure do miss him.

Bonifide, thanks for keeping his memory fresh in our minds.
Doug