Rearset Bracket

S

Shopshirt

I've been looking at the rearset brackets on my 2009 Bonneville and I've noticed that both have a clamp and pinch bolt that are secured to the swing arm pivot.

Is that arrangement to stabilize the swing arm pivot in an attempt to stiffen the chassis or is it to stabilize the rearsets? Has anyone removed the brackets?

I've noticed that some people run the LSL rearsets without the stock brackets:

lsl_rearsets1.jpg

lsl_rearsets2.jpg

And some do not remove the stock brackets.

35ff3981327069b5e315e6c47eb5cf1b.jpg

lsl_rearsets1.jpg

I think the one pictured from New Bonneville is incorrect. I could be wrong, but the gearshift lever in that photo is mounted backwards compared to the instructions. The photo linked from british cutoms is one taken from the Spiegler site, so it's most likely more accurate.

Attachments

• LSL install.jpg
    LSL install.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
S

Shopshirt

lsl_rearsets1.jpg

I think the one pictured from New Bonneville is incorrect. I could be wrong, but the gearshift lever in that photo is mounted backwards compared to the instructions. The photo linked from british cutoms is one taken from the Spiegler site, so it's most likely more accurate.

Cool thanks

On this LSL tridays custom, you can also see they're using the Bonneville's OEM hangers.

Attachments

• lsl rearset hanger.jpg
    lsl rearset hanger.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
Remove the stock ones first mate, ben dickens

Hey Ben,

I don't understand how it would work correctly without the stock hangers, because the front allen bolt wouldn't have a "home."

Ninja K is using them, too. And again, they're used in all the stock LSL pictures I've seen.

I see you're not using them though, so does that change the alignment at all? I'm confused. Cool you have it working like that, cause it's lighter for sure.

Even in this tridays custom video they show it's mounted on the oem hangers... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MRjbVoyAJE&feature=related

Attachments

• IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG3312-L.jpg
    IMG3312-L.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
It doesn't need too it is there for the case to fit them as you have with the stock hanger. If you choose to remove them there is a bolt supplied to just attach a nut to for aesthetics only. Google LSL Rearsets bonneville then select images, if I get chance I will take some better pics for you. Hope this helps mate MINE WORK GREAT MATE! NO ISSUES AND A MECHANIC DOUBLE CHECKED MY INSTALLATION! However if they work with the stock hangers dont worry about removing them the main thing is they work the little extra weight would hardly be noticed. Hopefully I get chance tomorrow to take some pics of area's you are concerned with and you can see what I have done. Cheers mate and don't stress help is coming! Kindest regards Ben Dickens

bellacorse also has pics of LSL Rearsets for the new bonneville check them too

Post some pics of your ride with them on mate!

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
You could do as you said or buy the LSL Passenger Rearset pegs like mine which always allows for a hot girl to jump on the back! Looking real nice chris if you are happy with your rearsets mate (how they are currently installed) leave them mate, as they can work either way none is more correct than the other. Ben Dickens