rear sets w/ stock bars

neuroboy

750cc
i'm considering rear sets to pair up with my ace bars. when i go on longer trips i switch to my stock bars. . . will this be awkward with the stock bars? and if it's not that different should i really be considering a big outlay of $$$ for rear sets?

NewOldSchool

Two Stroke
Fuck stock, go get some Superbars. I have them on my bike now with rearsets and can ride all day. They are the perfect inbetween, IMO. I ordered M bars to have something more aggressive then the Superbars, but have not fit them yet.

fender

Street Tracker
Add the rear sets, I just put a set of Norman Hyde's on last weekend and love the riding position. Much more comfortable over stock. I'm running superbars but if I recall the difference between rise and pullback over stock is roughly about 2" rise and pullback.

mjj338

Scooter
Hi, i have ace bars in combination with norman hyde rear sets, and very happy with them.perfect caféracer riding position.I'm 1.70m tall. mjj338 Belgium, Europe

ma2ra

Vendor
Check this link
Thruxton Rear sets

cfthruxrearset4839.jpg

adjustable and comes in various colors.
These were designed for the Italian Thruxton Cup.
We have a special introductory pricing on Ebay right now.
Do a search for Thruxton Rearsets on ebay

These were made for Thruxtons but it could fit on a bonnie.
We have a Gent in OZ giving it a go on his Bonnie.
he will report back his results.
As for installing:
The frame mounting tab is the same so thats not a issue.
Rerouting the brake switch line is the trick.

JC

Fr. Joe 07T100

Street Tracker
Those are great looking. I'd like to hear back from the guy who put them on his bonni. If they work, I'd be interested in them. btw, anyone in the market for Modre's lowsets; got them for sale.

neuroboy

750cc
why would i get those when i can score a pair of LSLs on ebay for $180? :D

edit: and i don't want to seem ungrateful for folks making quality parts, but $600 for rear sets? seriously?

Last edited:

ma2ra

Vendor
180? wow... NEW, USED OR ABUSED?
LIST PRICE IS $400
NH rearsets are $500
Axljax is $400
Ours is $710
We are offering a intro price $575 Shipped (USA48)

nevertheless
We are still waiting for the report back for the installation of these Thruxton rearsets on the Bonnie.
Recent word is the rearsets have arrived to it's destination and the project has begun.

On a side note:
I remember when I was considering to install the LSL rear sets on my Thruxton, which was only for the Bonnie. Big bummer and a Drag To say the least .. it was a daunting task that I decided to PASS.
With all the mods you would have to do and parts you would need to buy it was nearly $800 bucks. Not to mention the time and effort.

These installed easily on my Thruxton. all I needed to get was the brake line from the cylinder to the Brake switch made up.
2 hours total install time start to finish including the bleeding of the brakes.

:D

why would i get those when i can score a pair of LSLs on ebay for $180? :D

edit: and i don't want to seem ungrateful for folks making quality parts, but $600 for rear sets? seriously?

Rear sets...YES!

The rear sets are a must IMO. I bought the Hyde's and I love 'em. I also run the ACR Adjustable clubman bars. I keep 'em as low as they go usually, but they can easily be adjusted in nearly endless ways. If you're interested, I'll let you know where to find a pair. Whatever bars you decide on, do go for the rear sets. Post a pic or two with the new set up. Here's a couple of pics of my Bonnie with the bars and rear sets:
DSC03232.jpg

Bon032008ltlo.jpg

Cheers,

SK

that's a good score on those rearsets. I have NH rearsets and I picked them up on the Trat classifieds for about the same, I think around $200 shipped. The seller (don't remember his handle) even took pictures of them as he uninstalled them from his bike to make his own set of "instructions" and mailed them to me in 8x10 printouts w/ instructions written on them. Talk about nice!

drlapo

Hooligan
hey nueroboy I may want to swap out my Thruxton rear sets for stock Bonnie pegs in a couple of weeks. I see an orthopedic guy on 8/1 about a nagging problem which may be agrevated by low bars: watch this space maybe we can swap

neuroboy

750cc
from what i understand they don't swap. . . or, rather, a swap requires a wholesale exchange of brake parts. sorry kids, i'm interested in riding not wrenching

where were you guys when i was announcing that i wanted to flip parts for thrux rear sets? :)

drlapo

Hooligan
the swap is easy but it does require changing a few parts but all pars are interchangable so its easy with bikes side by side in my garage
I'm not sure if I want ot make the swap either, it depends on what the MD says on 8/1