rear-ended

ttbonnie

Scooter
Sorry I haven't contributed in a while-
So I laid my bike down in 09- after a few years I fully restore her ( last year to be precise - today (it was perfect) 60+ degrees. sunny, no wind- cruising like a gentleman, courteous and doing the speed limit, to get BBQ pork at a local place thats supposed to be good- I lived in the south for a while and feel that I know good BBQ when i taste it. my plan was to get a bite to eat, go buy some jeans and peruse a few tattoo shops for future work-
then while stopped at a red light pondering pork, denim and tattoos.. behind a car... i get smashed into by a pickup....

this is NYC, staten island to be precise and home of the most inconsiderate A hole drivers on the planet- the person driving had the quintessential SI demeanor to pop attitude when i asked her what the hell she was doing - cause she could have killed me- and she said that she was being safe and keeping her distance behind me the "whole way" ?!?!?

im in pain- I know i could be worse off, so I am not complaining, I am alive and for sure GOD was watching over me for sure-

only person to show up to the ER was my best friend- I guess thats why he's my best friend. Be safe ladies and gents- watch your six

Clyde12

Scooter
Hope you have a quick recovery. Stopped at a light is such a vulnerable position.... nothing you can do but hope for the competence of others. Not a comforting thought.

ttbonnie

Scooter
thank you clyde- in todays age of texting it really is bad - if i was riding aggressively and lane splitting to the front this seriously would never have happened- eye opening

This is why all states need to take a serious look at allowing cyclists to filter at traffic lights. Of course it's a different matter if you're already first in line at the light waiting and hoping the next vehicle stops.

strokerlmt

Sorry about this…..pleased you are ok….I have started to put a flashing red light on my back pack. these a holes do not see us. Plus the other day while riding and looking into passing car/truck windshields one out of three were using a cell phone some texting. Drive safe friends.
LMT

really sorry to hear about your accident but more glad to hear you're ok. Hope everything works out in the end and your bike wasnt too badly hurt (nor yourself).
This is the shitty part about riding... the assholes.

strokerlmt

PS….not trying to interfere with your thread but I think I am going to epoxy a flasher to the back of my helmet so the dicks on their phones may just see me at a stop light ;-))) maybe maybe maybe see me.
LMT

ttbonnie

Scooter
stroker - when i lived in a free state i used to ride with a stainless revolver on my hip from time to time- literally could tell the difference in behavior of cars around me- very courteous.

from now on i am going to filter to front or stay to the side of lane