really?!?

neuroboy

750cc
i mean ffs, seriously?

http://www.amdchampionship.com/cont...ction=viewbike&event=2009world&bikenumber=084

bikes-2009world-084-a-l.jpg

bikes-2009world-084-b-l.jpg

bikes-2009world-084-e-l.jpg

marthruxton

Two Stroke
I notice the chain is on the wrong side and it not even connected at that. Also while the pipes might look interesting, I doubt they word worth a damn.
Parlor Art, nothing more.

strokerlmt

Ya get textixular cancer and hemroids with a seat like that. Hit a railroad crossing a 40mph and that saddle is way up dare.:eeek:

Skeeter

Rocker
thats silly. they spent a lot of money and time on some shiney metal and a bike seat for what? for it to sit around?

KingBear

Hooligan
Uh, if that blue thing is supposed to be the gas tank it wouldn't hold enough fuel to get itself out of the driveway.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
hmmm, well, it is a work of art. You have to admit that 'bike' did some skill to put together, and it might look nice in the rec room, but I wouldn't want it. You would have to strap the bike lift on your bike and carry it with you where ever you went. And a gas can.

Like TC said, waste of a good motor.

How would you register it? I mean, vintage bikes don't have turn signals on 'em, and I have always been told when restoring, if it wasn't stock at the time, you don't need to add them now, pre 1970 I think. But since this is a new frame, shouldn't he have turn signals somehwere?

Skeeter

Rocker
its amazin to see what people think is "kool" and "kustom" when really its just stupid and no kool

hamr mark: i have a huuge "biuld not bought" sticker on this really low channeled truck im biuldin, best sticker ever

D9

Vendor
I think it's interesting and I'm enjoying looking at it - IMO it's definitely crossed the line
into metal sculpture - fine art - large scale mechanical jewelry... whatever... and viewed from there IMO it's cool as hell, and far more interesting to my eyes than what often passes for "fine art". Forget any practical application - it ain't about that! Minimalism and cross pollination with a bicycle- I get that, and there's no small bit of motorcycle history to back that up if you look back far enough. I don't see it as a waste of an engine if the engine was from a junk bike anyway - if anything else the engine is the visual center of the entire piece and the other visual elements bring you back to it eventually, so I see it as homage to a beautiful powerplant if nothing else. Impressive metal working skills to pull it off.

Chain is connected - it runs underneath that extra sprocket and onto the main front sprocket. It's just an "artsy" free style custom bike building competition. Why? Because you get attention and potentially more business... no such thing as bad publicity as they say. Obviously not a practical bike, an attention getter. Just like impractical auto concept cars that get toned down to become actual new models, as "design cues". Come on, let a guy get creative now and then...

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Is that a hard front end?.....can't see them turning a corner on that thing.....prolly the reason they don't have turn sigs on it....

tomville

Scooter
From:http://drivenbychaos.deviantart.com/art/Re-flex-tion-139304933

Artist's Comments
Built by Kris Krome (right). It took first in the metric class and second in the freestyle class at the World Championship of Bike Building at Sturgis this year.

It has a 1970 Triumph T120 motor, 23" wheels front and back, 75 degrees of rake and everything is polished stainless (no chrome).

It turns by articulation. The whole upper half twists right or left. There is a pivot point at the base of the seat post and another half way down the front of the bike (about where the middle of the pipes are). Also, the top and bottom pieces are identical giving it a flowing "ying yang" effect. It weighs in at 220 lbs.

It's been ridden but it's definitely not a daily driver, especially with a 1/2 gal fuel tank.

Re_flex_tion_by_DrivenByChaos.jpg

Last edited: