Questions about Auxiliary Power Socket

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
While traveling and camping I will need a way to keep the cell phone charged. If anyone here has installed this or a similar product I would like to know what I will need in addition to the kit and my standard cell phone auto charger, as I understand the outlet is of a different size than a typical "American" auto cigarette lighter outlet. Who knows of what I am babbling on about and can provide some assistance? Thanks.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
The outlet is sometimes called a 'BMW' outlet, or a Powerlet outlet. Look at www.powerlet.com, and they'll have an adapter for ya - either from the aux socket to the standard cig lighter socket, or from the aux socket direct to your phone.

bdavanza

Street Tracker
or just buy a cig lighter outlet and wire it to your battery, have it tucked under a side cover and use it when you need. I wouldn't spend all that money to hook up 2 adaptors.
-Ben

SCL18

Two Stroke
On this note, where have people mounted the auxiliary outlets on there bonnies?

Pictures?

Hedge

American Infidel
There is a stock place to mount the Aux Outlet. The wire that it attaches to is underneath the tank of all recent Bonnie's. All you need to do is get it unwrapped and plug it in and screw it to the spot they designed for it. So easy even a Caveman can do it! :)

Kframe

Street Tracker
On this note, where have people mounted the auxiliary outlets on there bonnies?

Pictures?

+1

pichers1.jpg

-K

Hedge

American Infidel
The picture TeeBee supplied is the exact location that Triumph intended for this option and the exact place where mine lives.

The picture TeeBee supplied is the exact location that Triumph intended for this option and the exact place where mine lives.

I picked another place after frying the extension cord of my airbed pump on a hot cylinder head. Well chosen spot indeed... :(

Thieu.

Hedge

American Infidel
ooops - sorry to hear about that! I have yet to use mine for anything so that's a good "Heads-Up!"

TeeBee

scooter
Yep, that can probably be an issue. Unfortunately, the bracket provided only fits there. I have used mine for several thousand kms (with a Powerlet cord powering my Smartphone in the map-pocket of a tank bag), with no problems.

bonZa

Street Tracker
There is a stock place to mount the Aux Outlet. The wire that it attaches to is underneath the tank of all recent Bonnie's. All you need to do is get it unwrapped and plug it in and screw it to the spot they designed for it. So easy even a Caveman can do it! :)

I like the sounds of this, even though I dont know what I will use it for.

can you buy an auxilliary outlet from the Triumph dealer?

can I bash it in place with my club?

Hedge

American Infidel
I like the sounds of this, even though I dont know what I will use it for.

can you buy an auxilliary outlet from the Triumph dealer?

can I bash it in place with my club?
I don't know what I'm gonna use it for either but it is already there! As far as the club abd bashing . . . you can bash anything you want . . . Bash at will! :)

Cat Daddy

Scooter
My opinion here, the Triumph unit is cheesy and mounts in a stupid place.

This is what I run on my bike. It mounts in a sane place so you can charge your junk while it's in your tank bag. Plus, it's no where near the engine heat or up in the black hole under the tank.

Further, it is a standard socket type that fits all cigarette style plug accesories, not the smaller plug that you'll have to buy adapters or new cables for.

8994-500x600.jpg

It was money well spent in my opinion.