question about tires...

Craigore

TT Racer
visiting wrenchmonkeys and other sites, I like the look of big classic tires on bikes such as
_a8i6163selectbajas_detalle.jpg

on this site tire size is
front: Firestone Deluxe Champion 4.00 X 19 "
rear: Firestone Deluxe Champion 4.50 X 18 "

question is, would these tires fit the stock rims?
realize there is some performance lost in tires this large, I really don't care...
thanks

Craigore

TT Racer
i realize the stock rear hoop is 17" but really want to know if this is possible... does firestone make a 17" vintage style tire and if so would something this large fit?

rodburner

Rocker
The Firestones are measured in inches so a 4.00 is about a 100/90 19 and the 4.50 is narrower than your stock 130/17,so they should fit.

wils36

moped
I really like the look of those tires too. Is there any other company that makes a similiar tire to fit a 17" wheel?

Craigore

TT Racer
Crockers sells a 4.50-17 by a brand called exselsior. These look so awesome, would probably be murder on the highway...

rodburner

Rocker
The sidewalls are taller than our metric tires for sure and it looks like the forks are up in the triples a ways,based on how scrunched the gaiters are.

dschief

750cc
Those tires look all retro and cool, but I would bet money that they would make your ride really suck, in the curves especially. My pennies worth.