Question about lowering front end

SCBonneville

Two Stroke
ok...so if i did it equally on my scram...1 inch lower rear shocks and 1 inch down in the yoke it should be the same handling correct? Fells good to me...i did it for feets on the ground reasons

Yes, if you drop the front and rear equally, you maintain the rake and trail and with it the steering geometry, handling characteristics and feel...

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Well, I also installed Intimidators under the springs on my forks and it raised the front end about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I haven't gotten around to lowering them yet, but I think I'll do between that 1/2 & 3/4.

SCBonneville

Two Stroke
Well, I also installed Intimidators under the springs on my forks and it raised the front end about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I haven't gotten around to lowering them yet, but I think I'll do between that 1/2 & 3/4.

If you did not trim your fork spring spacers to compensate for the thickness of the Intiminators... you have affected the amount of sag on/in the forks...

Ideally, you should get that set correctly prior to lowering the yokes... If you like the amount of sag and the feel of the suspension action you currently have, then adjusting ride height by dropping the yokes a bit is the next step...

I have NOT read the articles here:

http://www.feelthetrack.com/tuning_guide.htm

I just did a quick google and this one looked good from a very quick glance...

Just as in carb tuning... adjusting one thing will have an effect on another area... and not always a positive one...