question about clip ons?

boboso

Scooter
Warning this site is shady
http://www.vintagecosmo.com/store/pr...724e8307dd034 JERK OFFS!!!

I still don't have my clip ons. I get a call today from this Guy with no customer service or listening skills. He only has the 40mm in stock and will send me that. WHAT???????
NO! He explains ''I'' can have a machine shop shave them down to size. SO WHAT? No give my money back. He says he will look around and call me back. He is not answering my calls. I have a feeling there is no telling what I'm being sent. That is a bummer.

Keep us posted... a good bludgeoning from this and other forums may be needed.

drlapo

Hooligan
when I ordered my Tarozzi clip ons from Cosmo they were not in stock so they had the bars shipped from Italy and on my doorstep in a week
something is wrong here, they may not be the best organized group but it sounds like you are talking to the wrong guy. can you emial the "Boss" via the website?

drlapo

Hooligan
They Suck!

well that's the kiss of death
out of character based on my experience with them but maybe the guy I dealt with is gone and the new "management " sucks
sounds like your taking to the boss's sister's kid; you know the one who can't get a real job

drlapo

Hooligan
if you do get them you will need a way to mount the front brake fluid reservoir
most 7/8 bars are 1/2" ID
so get a small piece of aluminum or acrylic round stock and cut a 1" piece to fit into the inside end of the right handlebar
then drill and tap the plug to accept the screw that mounts the brake cup

drlapo

Hooligan
let me know if you need an "end plug"
I have a small piece left over from my bars
I can drill and tap it too

OK start the inuendos now

drlapo

Hooligan
OK i'm assuming that the end of the handlebars are open or have removable caps/plugs
if so, please measure the inside diameter, it should be 3/4 inch
now measure to see if the stock Thruxton brake cup bracket will reach the center of the inside of the hanldebar or if the mounting hole for the brakcet will have to be drilled off center(it did on my Tarozzi bars)
one more thing: is the bolt that mounts the cup bracket 5mm or 6mm on your bike
?

drlapo

Hooligan
it looks like the inside end of the Tomeselli bar terminates inside the bracket assembly
maybe just a small hole needs to be drilled and tapped in that bracket/bar end