question about clip ons?

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
I know I already asked? I don't remember which thread.
Shiny clip ons that raise slightly. FYI, No I do not like the look of the heli bars.
At the NTBF Rally past Spring the other black Thrux had them. Side by side
with my bike they were the same height as my stock clips over the top yoke. Toma something. I looked on PJSparts and couldn't find them.

I'm getting too fast to keep the clip ons above the top yoke. Scary.
Thanks

Last edited:

boboso

Scooter
Here is the link to get them at Cosmo Motors at 109.00. I had em on my thrux years ago and really liked them for comfort.

http://www.vintagecosmo.com/store/p...d=200&osCsid=ee472f4c9b694f8453724e8307dd034a

Yes and he sold them to me and I have been grateful ever since... adjustable and work/look very well on the Thrux. I emphasis work, cause if they did not I would not have this bike still... :) Thanks again John!

DSC_0044.jpg

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Yes and he sold them to me and I have been grateful ever since... adjustable and work/look very well on the Thrux. I emphasis work, cause if they did not I would not have this bike still... :) Thanks again John!

They do make that bike look fantastic Bob:worthy:. Hope to do some riding with you in the near future!:)

How do the Tommaselli's mentioned above compare to the stock Thruxton set up ? I am looking for a bit more of a upright riding position ,but I do not want to go to a heli-bar set up or anything along that lines. I like the looks and style of the clip on's but just want to rise up a inch or two ?

boboso

Scooter
How do the Tommaselli's mentioned above compare to the stock Thruxton set up ? I am looking for a bit more of a upright riding position ,but I do not want to go to a heli-bar set up or anything along that lines. I like the looks and style of the clip on's but just want to rise up a inch or two ?

I am not sure how they mount up with the thruxton stock brackets. I have bonnie ears on mine as I prefer the look, and they hide cables and wiring, but I had to "trim" them as the Tommaselli bracket is slightly higher. Some minor mod of the bracket stanchion cover may be needed.

They look stock, many don't even notice I have them on. Adjustable fore and aft, as well as up or down. All via two large allen bolts. I had them superbike high and thruxton low and found the sweet spot. In fact I have them about 1/2 higher than stock, but further out which provides me a bit more leverage, comfort and control while riding.

Here you can get an idea of how they "sit" on my bike.
DSCN0055.jpg

There is also a flip flop mod you can do on the thruxton (I think John and others have done it)....

buckstoy

Street Tracker
I am not sure how they mount up with the thruxton stock brackets. I have bonnie ears on mine as I prefer the look, and they hide cables and wiring, but I had to "trim" them as the Tommaselli bracket is slightly higher.

Hey Bob, could you show us what this looks like? Can't quite make out the headlight area in the pics.

Thanks, Jason

drlapo

Hooligan
if you want a bit more rise go with Tarozzi bars also from Cosmo, $125
get the high race bars
the bar wil be just above the top clamp and they are everyway adjustable

boboso

Scooter
Hey Bob, could you show us what this looks like? Can't quite make out the headlight area in the pics.

Thanks, Jason

Here ya' go... Basic Bonnie Headlight brackets replaced the Thruxton stanchion covers and headlight bracket bolts. Pardon the dirt, we had a bit of rain on the last ride... :)

P1000144.jpg

P1000146.jpg

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
I was asked last night since the diamond necklace should have been
a motorcycle part what do you want for the bike? :cheer:Getting the clip ons.Yay!
One more question I want to use bar end sliders anything else I need to buy
with it? Is it weighted or threaded? Thanks

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
Warning this site is shady
http://www.vintagecosmo.com/store/pr...724e8307dd034 JERK OFFS!!!

I still don't have my clip ons. I get a call today from this Guy with no customer service or listening skills. He only has the 40mm in stock and will send me that. WHAT???????
NO! He explains ''I'' can have a machine shop shave them down to size. SO WHAT? No give my money back. He says he will look around and call me back. He is not answering my calls. I have a feeling there is no telling what I'm being sent. That is a bummer.