Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Real punk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wizKUrUgFOw

Real country:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEY8ARSGHTU&feature=related

Real message:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoAAbu2LUWQ

I appreciate the new level of recording that is out there. Saying that, listening to the old lps with the pops and cracks, and a 5th generation tape makes everything sound so much better. Watching the old videos, even though the recording may have been top of the line, by todays standards are crap, but it was D.I.Y. all the way. Like others have said, you need a stylist now, you don't need to earn your dues in the back of a crappy van van for weeks at a time and finally get home with less money than what you started out with...

Ah, the good 'ole days eh...

Last edited:

Skeeter

Rocker
i think we can all agree the joneass brothers isnt even music, thats just an imagine with money and a tune... ahahahah

I am also from the punk era and of course have a lot of pistols and clash stuff (bit disapointed cant see youtube vid) How come no one mentions the Jam ?. As far as I am concerned they were the real punk instigators and in UK at least far outsold Clash and pistols during that era.

Back!nBlack

Two Stroke
I am also from the punk era and of course have a lot of pistols and clash stuff (bit disapointed cant see youtube vid) How come no one mentions the Jam ?. As far as I am concerned they were the real punk instigators and in UK at least far outsold Clash and pistols during that era.

I'm a big fan of the Jam but I gotta say the true punk instigators were Iggy and the Stooges - years before punk was a marketing term.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD_XCECbAEU&feature=related

neuroboy

750cc
Naw if you wanna be punk go in the bathroom and punch the mirror then wrap your bleeding hand with a crass t-shirt

all hail, heroin bob!

ethui46aiyt6g.png

neuroboy

750cc
i think its safew to say music as a whole as changed since the clash and times of some of you guys were a young buck... bands/groups like puddle of mudd, jonas brothers, taylor swift are nothin like what was bein played in 1991 or 1981. right? so "punk" is completly differnt from the sexpistols and clash era.

you make a good point, but whatever punk has morphed into i know it's not the jonas brothers (they would be david cassidy or whatever).

if you want good pop punk there's always the thermals. the added benefit being smart lyrics rather than high school journal.

Skeeter

Rocker
but whatever punk has morphed into i know it's not the jonas brothers \.

hells no is joneass bros punk, i was sayin that music as a whole has changed a lot lot. right now "punk" would be a lot of the bands on the warped tour. bad religon to ride against to underoath. i say a lot of bands on warpedtour because there are a few bands that shouldnt be on warped tour

nohawk

Rocker
Warped Tour has sucked balls since '04 IMO. I still go cause you get so much free shit but it aint like back in the day when everyone was there to see Rancid, Dropkick, Pennywise. I dont know, Punks not dead it just sucks right now.

Skeeter

Rocker
Warped Tour has sucked balls since '04 IMO. I still go cause you get so much free shit but it aint like back in the day when everyone was there to see Rancid, Dropkick, Pennywise. I dont know, Punks not dead it just sucks right now.

at age 19 i was too old for warped tour, too hot and too many poeple and all the bands i did want to see you cant cause youre to far away but i went for the free shit too, i love free stuff.... punks in a weird state right now

mike ness rocks!

Skeeter

Rocker
speakin of rancid... anyone see tim armstrongs head lately? in the new music video he his skull is covered on tattoos...

on a side note, new rancid cd? how does everyone feel? im kinda if-y bout it

speakin of rancid... anyone see tim armstrongs head lately? in the new music video he his skull is covered on tattoos...

on a side note, new rancid cd? how does everyone feel? im kinda if-y bout it

yeah his head looks weird. Then again, he is an ex-junky/veteran punk rocker/genius, so I guess he is entitled to be weird. I dig all Rancid albums. I've only heard the new one a time or two but I like it so far.

nohawk

Rocker
Rancid

I think the guy you all are thinking of is either Lars or Skinhead Rob from the Transplants. Tim is always wearing a rag or a hat. I may be wrong, but Tim is a great songwriter and Matt Freeman is up there with the best bassists of all time. The new album is good but nowhere near the quality of Life Wont Wait. There are a couple of gems on the new record though.

Skeeter

Rocker
nahh i kno it isnt lars and im sure it isnt skinhead rob... watch the video on thier main page.. give it a few mins for tim to sing

nohawk

Rocker
Damn it man!! That is TIM, Im sleeved but once you do your knuckles or your fucking HEAD you are all in!! Thats one of their best videos yet. Im looking for tour dates now. I saw em in LA at the Fonda with T.S.O.L opening up back in '04,one of the best shows ever.