Public Thank You...

BonnieLass

Uncensored
to my knight in shining leather who, armed with a volt meter and Haynes manual, rescued my sorry self from the work parking lot when my faithful steed said "click" instead of "vroom" this afternoon.

Pesky loose headlight relay! I swear I must have wacked, wiggled and tightened every other electrical component while I was waiting.

It's good to have a friend you can call when you're stranded... it's even better when it's your very own spouse.

Here's hoping you all have someone willing to come to your rescue (and that you never need to make the call).

mrt202

Street Tracker
I feel sure that if BlueJ was not available to help, there are a few more from this site who would be happy to help.:worthy:

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
If I'd known she had all your numbers in her cell, I might not have been so willing to add the extra hour of round-trip highway tension to my commute.

:)

You're welcome, darling. Now, order that clutch lever, those brake pads, and that speedo cable FAST so we can get you sorted out before the Bash! Like tomorrow!!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
BonnieLass,

Good for you but everyone knows BlueJ is still way ahead on this deal. I'm surprised there weren't a half dozen useless guys standing around when he arrived.

My wife has her own motorcycle which she very generously allows me to clean, maintain, register and insure for her, similar to her car. Why just last night she let me oil the chain, check the tires and spokes and get it ready for today.

koifarm

Hooligan
Aaaaahh....damsel in distress, brings out the "Knight on a white charger" coming to her rescue!!! Sure is a PIA when that happens!! Glad you got the bike going though, it's no fun to have it towed/picked up.
The Bash sounds like a whole bunch of fun, if it weren't so freaking far I'd give it a shot!!! Fortunately, y'all document the party so we can all share.

ssjones

750cc
Glad you weren't stranded long. I just replaced that relay on my bike, which had intermittent starting issues. $6 at my local Trick-Trucks. If you are having starting issues, after the battery, that relay is a great place to start.