predator mufflers

phil

Street Tracker
I'm thinking of buy a 2009 bonnieville and also buying some predator mufflers from british customs, do you have to remap the engine when I install them ; or can I just bolt them on and go. thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

phil

Street Tracker
break in

What is the best break in process on the 2009 bonneville, can I just ride it home from the dealer , or can I ride it like I stole it(lol)
what can of fuel millage can you expect from the bike.
One more thing I heard all the seats are really hard? what do you suggest? thanks for the info..

Last edited:

T-boy

Rocker
My Bonnie is carbed, but I suspect you would need to remap with the preds installed because they're much less restrictive than the stock exhausts. My dealer told me not to be afraid to ride my bike hard during the break in period, but I have read elsewhere some dealers say to take it easy. Maybe ask your dealer for their thoughts on this matter? With the amount of riding I do, the stock seat suits me just fine. Don't know that I'd care to take a long trip with the stocker, though. Many have switched to the gel seat, or gone the Corbin seat route (pricey). Hope this helps.

LINDY

Two Stroke
I put a set of these on my 09, and after remapping with the Arrow 2 in to 2 in the ECU I could not be happier.
http://www.triumphperformanceusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=400
Looks great, sound even better, and the best part is the increased performance.

As for engine break in you will get many opinnions, I have had no problems with two triples and now my Bonnie, I do not limit the revs. I ride how I would normally ride the only difference being I will vary the revs and not stay at the same rpm for too long, for the break in period. Also oil and filter change at 500 miles.

Good luck with you purchases, hope to see pictures when you do get the bike.

phil

Street Tracker
yeah, I feel kinda like a pest asking so many question when I don't own it yet, its nice to talk to people who actually own this machine. I've got many opions on the breaks in procedure also, and some people say to ride it like you normally would , to set the rings in properly , and some people say to take it easy and not to go over a certain rpm.. I've never ownd a new bike before so I'm just trying to get the best advice(u know) O.K. I'll go from there. Thanks for the help:)

KingOfFleece

Street Tracker
I got ( I think) the first Preds on the east coast last year for my 09 Bonnie. 2 into 2 Arrow tune and it runs GREAT and sounds just right. It's my second Bonneville ( after the 68 I should have never sold) and the bike is just great.

sickrat45

Scooter
I own a 2009 Bonneville SE. Had the Predators put on after break in period and had to remap due to it being an EFI. I strongly recommend the pipes and the bike. The break in period is like most new bikes, 500 miles and at or below 4000RPM. So you won't go faster than 80 MPH for the first 500 miles. Once again I recommend the bike, it was also my first bike so I know what you are going through. BTW, they sound awesome but are not annoying loud. Be ready for attention on the road if you get it.

phil

Street Tracker
I wasn't sure how to send you a message , sickrat45. What made you pick the se. model, thats the one that kinda stock out for me too? if you can send me a message and tell me about the machine thanks..

FrankieD

Scooter
I put a set of these on my 09, and after remapping with the Arrow 2 in to 2 in the ECU I could not be happier.

Looks great, sound even better, and the best part is the increased performance.

What he said!

Did the same with my 09 and couldn't be more pleased.

sickrat45

Scooter
Sure bud, you can email me directly at both [email protected] or [email protected]

I chose the SE because I liked the brushed metal look on the engine, the badge and the over all balance of chrome to black. The performance is the same as the regular Bonneville. Both have mag wheels. I also got a great deal on it. Basically bought the SE for the price of a regular Bonne.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Mate I have just done around 1300km on the blue and white bonne SE, in the manual you get with the bike it recommends you to take it easy and break in the bike, basically dont rev the hell out of it and ensure you get its first service at 800k's. It is a fantastic bike the more you ride it the more you love it. I wanted predator pipes but was concerned about volume how loud they are. Check my post on exhaust loudness a lot of input from other bonne riders. I got dominator touring exhausts from www.triumphperformanceusa.com they sound fantastic and designed the predator exhaust I delt with carlos and to put it simply exceptional service and I got the re-map for the arrow 2 into 2 installed. Hope this helps mate Ben

mikedkc

moped
I have the predators on my 2010 t-100. Love 'em. I was told to keep my rpms under 4k for the first 500 miles. It cruises at 4k at 70 mph so it's not really all that restrictive. Be sure to get the 500 mile service done too. As far as seat comfort, my stock seat is fine. But so far, I haven't ridden for more than about 125 miles in one day. I just put on a 68 seat and it sure looks nice. Haven't had a chance to ride due to the crappy weather in KC. Good luck on your purchase. I love my Bonnie and I suspect you get the same sentiment from the rest of the guys on this forum. Ride safe, my friend.

Last edited: