PRE-FILTER for Waterproofing

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Has anyone had experience with OUTERWEARS PRE-FILTERS?
They're waterproof and slip over UNI or K&N type air filters.
With my side covers removed, are these needed when it is raining?
Any thoughts?

My air filters are UNI Pods, Model UP4229AST (2.25" ID / 4" OD / 4" Long)

http://www.outerwears.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9229

Attachments

• ROUNDMEDMEDWTOPRD.jpg
    ROUNDMEDMEDWTOPRD.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Shorty

Two Stroke
I don't have the exact product as shown, but I'm using a similar pre-filter on my K&N's made by outerwears.
I was prompted to install them after I got caught in a downpour for a couple of hours which caused my Bonnie to miss intermittently (the K&N's were wet). I haven't had any issues since, but to be honest I also haven't been caught in a severe storm like that since then either.
Maybe someone that lives in a wetter climate and has these would have a better and more definitive answer for you. In my opinion, just having the extra couple of microns of filtering can't hurt. They do not impede the performance of the bike as far as I can tell and are relatively inexpensive. I just checked...they're a little under $30 for the pair to fit the cone shaped K&N's.

Shorty

Last edited:

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Outerwears for UNI Pods

I got a reply from Outerwears (Thanks, Rosemarie!) stating that they have a pre-filter specific for the UNI Pod Model UP4229AST. I'll be giving them a try.

Their part number is: 20-2449 and the price is $13.45 each.

They've got pre-filters for K&Ns, too, and just about anything else, even car and go-kart filters.