Post accident Bike Rebuild...

ttbonnie

Scooter
So I am starting a new thread to show all that is going to be done, and maybe a couple of " HOW I DO" lol videos or chronological pictures -
the head is off, not hard to do , but boy were the head nuts on there!!!
it is amazing to see the build up of carbon on the cylinder head!!! insane

This should be Fun... :chair:

ttbonnie

Scooter
so here she is, engine case, front end, swing arm is all that remains...

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-05-25 at 11.10.04 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2015-05-25 at 11.10.04 PM.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I know what you're going through.. Good luck!

some_assembly_required.jpg

ttbonnie

Scooter
So wh haven't I posted ... Still haven't started . Busy summer ...
Had to send my fenders and tank back to paint due to some flaws. Case covers getting re powder coated. And valve job being done this week. So this weekend or next

ttbonnie

Scooter
Well it's jus me doing the work- and I am stuck doing it outside (no garage) so I haven't taken many pictures- good news is that the jugs and head are on. Valves measured and shims in order - side covers getting re powder coated. This weekend, the majority of the bike should be assembled

ttbonnie

Scooter
Well 7 months later ...
Tpusa 865 high compression Pistons
813 cams
Fcr carbs
Head work
Clutch
Remapped ignition

Stated in three try's from dry.

A little more work and she will be done

ttbonnie

Scooter
sorry ive been super busy, moved accross the country. so to up date:
i have about 700 miles on her since the rebuild- OMG is she fast- haven't topped out yet, first time I've felt speed wobbles/ lightness in the front end over the ton, probably because there is so much more top end to go!!, so im guessing fork brace and stabilizer.

i will be doing a dyno tune here ASAP to see actual numbers and to dial in the A/F ratio. still a few more items on my list, the madness never ends!!!