pics of stuff on my bike now and future...

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
BTW LMT - "the side covers look bit chin"? Not sure what that means! Is it some obscure Californian dialect?

Chinsy or the appearance of not being very well made is what I believe LMT was referring to. OK...now I feel old...:w

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Oh - "chintzy". :-( Oh well, I like 'em! Don't worry, I feel old all the time now. The only good thing about having a teenage sone is the girls he brings home - except that it makes me feel even older... Sigh.

Anyway I finally found the mirrors I like. I really like these - Oberons from the UK. I can put the faux Rizomas back on my other bike.

mirror0002copy-1.jpg

JimmyR

Street Tracker
oh - phew! Thanks for the clarification!

Haven't heard from the powdercoaters yet. Dammit I'm gonna call 'em...

JimmyR

Street Tracker
How cool does it look when you get rid of the rectifier? Well, not get rid of it, but move it from the front.

boike0003copy.jpg

Craigore

TT Racer
I was going to do the "open frame" look on mine but now that I see how great those side panels look I might have to buy them

not trying to thread-jack!
IMG_0698_zps76070545.jpg

JimmyR

Street Tracker
That fuel tank looks great! Did you just strip the paint off? What's the metal like under the paint?

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Finally... Got my fenders from the powdercoaters. Seems like I spend half my life waiting for powdercoaters. Oh well, i guess it saves me money by slowing me down...

So here are the new fenders in place:

bajk0001copy.jpg

My bike is getting closer to how I want it - from behind:

bajk0004copy.jpg

And showing what a long shadow it casts over the Bonneville scene. :)

bajk0009copy.jpg

fender

Street Tracker
Looks great, noticed the front fender brace any close up pics of it, and did you fab it up?

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Cheers - the front fender is a MAS piece from Italy. It comes with that bracket. All I did was powdercoat the fender which comes as polished alloy. The bracket is black anodised. It wasn't the easiest thing to fit and needed some persuading to sit properly but it looks good now! I really like how it hugs the tyre.

http://www.masengineering.it/

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Looks nice! Here's my version of your shadow pic. :)

Attachments

• my version.jpg
    my version.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 0

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I like your version better! Cool!

Ok, as requested (at last) a pic detail of the front fender bracket. It's an MAS salt flat fender.

bits0005copy.jpg

New clock on the steering stem so I know when to drop from 60kph to 40 at the local schools. We have so many different speed zones here it's crazy.

bits0007copy.jpg

Close up of the neat little rear indicator mount.

bits0008copy.jpg