pics of stuff on my bike now and future...

JimmyR

Street Tracker
:) Thought I'd put all the pics of stuff I'm putting on my bike in one thread. I've been asking lots of questions - though some of you might like to see how it's going. Still lots to do, but here are the MAS side panels I talked about. Even if I did call them LSL panels. I've painted them silver with a matt clear coat on top.

side0001copy.jpg

And here's an Emgo logo that will be on the tank once I get the tank refinished. I've satined it off ready for a matt black tank.

logo0002copy.jpg

Here's the new taillight I will be installing once the rear fender arrives. It was gloss black but now it's texture black powdercoat with a satined off rim. I made the upright bracket for it and used stainless bolts. The license plate bracket is from a different taillight.

taillight0002copy.jpg

taillight0003copy.jpg

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Here are the upside down Thruxton bars:

bars0001copy.jpg

And some mirrors which work better than anything else I've found lately. I am a little obsessed with finding the best mirrors I can so have some Oberons on the way. But these are really cool in the mean time. They are made by Motolanna and are very good quality.

mirror0002copy.jpg

fender

Street Tracker
Looks great, really like the textured black and satin silver finish! Those mirrors look like clones of the Rizoma Class Retro Bar End Mirrors that I've been looking at. What adapter did you find to mount them to bars with?

I think you've said this before in a previous thread, but what are you doing to create the "satin" look on all of the previously chromed pieces?

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Craigore - yup, Lowbrow grips. I really like 'em! I wasn't 100% when I saw them online but now they're on the bike they are perfect for me.

2wheelsdown - the satin chrome effect is easy. Green scotchbrite pads.

Fender - I didn't realise when I bought the mirrors that they were copies of Rizomas. Generally I'm not a huge fan of copies. But these are not cheap and nasty copies, they are well-made copies! They're about half the price of the Rizoma mirrors, are extremely well made and were easy to fit. The adaptors come with the mirrors and you just need to get the right length bolt and they screw straight to the bars, being genuine Triumph bars. The fit is rock solid and they work well. I get the best rear view of any mirrors so far with these.

I'm very happy with how it's coming along. The side covers make a huge difference to the look of the bike. You can't really tell from the pic but they're kinda dome shaped which looks very cool and I think the finish came up well.

Once I get the shorter fenders on I'll take a few more pics of the whole bike. BTW I stole the idea for the taillight from kdlutes here. I got the light from Lowbrow.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! It's nice to know I'm not 100% crazy. This bike has been a revelation to me. Most fun bike I've had.

kdlutes

Scooter
BTW I stole the idea for the taillight from kdlutes here.

You'll like the light. If you find a brighter (preferably LED) bulb, let me know.

And since you "stole" my idea, mind if I steal your grips? I'm really diggin that natural rubber color.

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Ok - just went for a ride and took my camera with me. Had to be quick because the battery light was blinking furiously! Here's the bike overall, showing the effect the sidecovers have:

progress0002copy.jpg

Each cover:

progress0004copy.jpg

progress0003copy.jpg

JimmyR

Street Tracker
As I have taken off the headlight to get the bucket powdercoated I put on another chrome plated headlight I have here. I thought I'd give it the brushed treatment and whaddaya know - I think I may prefer it. I think the bike may look too black without it. I have to say I'm really sold on the brushed finish/satin look!

progress0005copy.jpg

progress0009copy.jpg

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
:banana::banana::banana::banana:
I'll trade you...the three awesome black covers of yours for my three half dissolved aluminum silver satin covers
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

strokerlmt

I really like...grips, satin or brushed headlight, headlight brackets, the side covers look bit chin. Just me but I would bob the stock fender, probably bot as harsh as I did. For me your back end looks bulky compared to teh rest of the bike. And I would either bob the chain guard or drill some big holes in it.
Very nice job so far
LMT

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Yeah the fenders look a bit crap now don't they? :) Hopefully my new fenders will be ready to collect today. They are a lot shorter! I also found a recent tank on Ebay for a good price - $400 including shipping from the UK. No dents apparently. It's silver and orange but will soon be texture black to match my new fenders and the engine.

I only hope the tank will fit my bike. It was late at night when I found it online and forgot to check whether it was for a carbed bike or FI. I have no idea how the FI bikes get the fuel to the injectors.

BTW LMT - "the side covers look bit chin"? Not sure what that means! Is it some obscure Californian dialect?