People often ask me, "Why do you ride?"

KingBear

Hooligan
Looks like a good film. I suppose it's an interesting question from a philosophical perspective, but if someone were to actually walk up to me and ask, "duh, why are you riding a motorcycle?" I would probably have to come up with a smart-ass answer, like "because my razor scooter has a flat tire" or something like that.

Hughesy

Scooter
Yeah, no one asks me from a philosophical perspective, but people often express a concern for the dangers of bike riding. As with most things, my response depends on the spirit of the enquiry. If I can't be bothered talking about it, I'll often say ...'Never substitute the thrill of living for the safety of existence', and leave it at that.
I think that a lot of people would like to ride but are just too fearful of injury. It's not up to me to criticise anyone else for we all own our particular life journey, but I just find it a little sad sometimes when people limit themselves.
But the movie looks great. I hope it comes Down Under.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
People are finicky most of the time and don't know what the fuck they want. I am in the military which is a HUGE nanny state operation until you deploy. You wouldn't believe the scowls and questions I get about my riding and the fact that I take my son with me on rides on the base now that he is five and can reach the pegs.

BUT THEN...the kicker is I take shit from people that do ride because of the two person harness that I make my son wear when we do ride. I could go into a full blown, logical explanation why I do this but I'm not and I don't with them...fuck 'em. You can't win either way nor is it a game worth getting into. The same middle finger goes up to both groups and I enjoy the sound of that parallel twin going down the road.

I would like to see this movie as well...hopefully it comes out on DVD as they would NEVER show such a movie on a nanny establishment such as an Air Force Wing!! :D