Pay attention to the plugs you buy

Bonniebret

Rocker
We gave my girlfriend's new/used 05 Thruxton a tune-up (oil, filter, plugs, reset carbs to spec) and when we were finished the thing ran like absolute crap. Worse than before the tune-up. Lagging in acceleration, rough idle, lurching, popping. Nothing I adjusted made it better. Upon closer examination I discovered that the NGK plugs I was sold were Resister plugs. They had the same # as the old ones but with an "R" after the number. Replaced them with non-resister ones and the thing runs better than ever. Lesson learned.

cafenoir900

VENDOR
...and how!

We gave my girlfriend's new/used 05 Thruxton a tune-up (oil, filter, plugs, reset carbs to spec) and when we were finished the thing ran like absolute crap. Worse than before the tune-up. Lagging in acceleration, rough idle, lurching, popping. Nothing I adjusted made it better. Upon closer examination I discovered that the NGK plugs I was sold were Resister plugs. They had the same # as the old ones but with an "R" after the number. Replaced them with non-resister ones and the thing runs better than ever. Lesson learned.

Yeah, plugs... if you ever get a chance, and don't mind spending $18.00 on plugs try Brisk BOR12LGS plugs... make a big difference.

ssjones

750cc
I splurge every season and stick in a set of these babies for a cool $4.....
NGK DPR8EA-9, $1.98 each

drlapo

Hooligan
My 05 Thruxton came with resister plugs and have been replaced with resister plugs without incident