Passing power?

rmak

moped
Thanks for that clarification, CF. What you sawed off were the mounts that the shield was bolted to, not the shield itself. I realize that now and I'm sorry if you thought I was doubting your word. The reason I wanted to make sure how it was done is that I really like the look and I may try it myself.

Thanks for that clarification, CF. What you sawed off were the mounts that the shield was bolted to, not the shield itself. I realize that now and I'm sorry if you thought I was doubting your word. The reason I wanted to make sure how it was done is that I really like the look and I may try it myself.
No problem at all- my fault for being so vague.

Spiny Norman

Scooter
They look nothing like my TORs - or what mine would look like with the shield stuff gone.

Do they have Triumph stamped on them with words to the effect of "off road use only" ?

Cheers

Iceseven

750cc
Those must have been reboxed because they are not the Triumph TOR's, the TOR's have brackets (4) that are welded to the muffler but no holes, the brackets have the holes. When you take off the TOR heat shields they look like crap because the fronts are very angular, Canucks look much better than the stock TOR's.

Like RMAK said they look like Hyde's which are really just Meriden Daytona reproductions. If that is the case you got some great mufflers though.

As far as passing power, I recently went on a trip through the southwest and my friends on Harley's passed every vehicle that wasn't doing 80mph and the Scrambler kept up with no problem, looked down once to see the speedo reading 105mph. So the power is there in it's own way.

Last edited:
I have no idea what they are, only that they are supposed to be TOR's- I bought them at the same time I took delivery on my bike from the dealership (240 miles away, so not really close enough for me to go drop in). So far, I don't have anything to compare them to locally. We now have a local Triumph dealer, but all of the Scram's they've sold so far (3 I think) have gone to people keeping their bikes stock. Do the Norman Hydes or Meridians have heat shield mounts on one side? Mine did before I cut them off (which is where the holes came from that had to be patched). I'd really like to find out what these are if they're not TOR's.

Does anyone know if Norman Hyde or Meridian package jets with their pipes? Or if they do, what kind of nomenclature they use to identify the jet sizing? I'm wondering if maybe they could be the source of the infamous "15" tag included with my jets.

GuyM

Street Tracker
"904 big bore kit and cams will make it pull hard"

I'll bet that would make a big difference... Maybe in a year or two...