Passenger Pegs Swap (L->R Side)?

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Hey Gang...

Bike: 2008 carb'ed Bonneville

Problem: I broke the right passenger peg off my bike. It is a 2-6 week wait for a new one...

Question: Can a peg for the left side work on the right side? One local shop only has a left side, and I don't have my bike infront of me to actually see angles etc.

Ideas?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
you will have to ride upside down.

If they are for the passenger it'll be fine, the lettering on the rubber will just face the opposite direction as the other side. The passenger pegs will not work as the pilots footpegs

Can you take the right side passenger peg and move it up front temporarily while waiting for the correct part to arrive? I've heard of others doing this while out riding and having no other option. I've heard it works, but it takes some getting used to.

you will have to ride upside down.

If they are for the passenger it'll be fine, the lettering on the rubber will just face the opposite direction as the other side. The passenger pegs will not work as the pilots footpegs

When Deacon and Mark switched bikes, Deacon had put one of his passenger pegs up front instead of replacing the right pilot peg.

rodhotter

Scooter
i was looking to get some rear pegs for a cruiser setup with LSL sliders a rider had WOW $78 ea at bike bandit, i will be eyeing e-bay