One more item to check before I ride.

fender

Street Tracker
I was on my way home from work today it felt like something moved in my helmet. I shook my head as sometimes I'll get a bug in there while riding in town with the face mask up. It again happened after a few miles so I pulled over and pulled of the helmet.

One of the bigger spiders :eeek:that I've seen in a long time dropped to the ground. It didn't live much longer under my boot, but I couldn't shake the feeling the rest of the ride home that there was something else in my helmet.

Last edited:

becket

Two Stroke
I am somewhat in the woods by the marsh, and sometimes leave my helmet outside (dumbass I never learn), and am in the habit of checking under the liner for critters before I ride. Good thing. Had a lizard, a couple fire ants, and a Palmetto bug under there before (not while riding, that spider story was frigging gnarley!). For the un-southern, Palmetto bugs resemble a two-inch long, real fat cockroach. They love to come out at night in large numbers, and swarm over any food/garbage/pet vittles left outside, and make themselves at home in strange places...

Gretsch

Rocker
I am somewhat in the woods by the marsh, and sometimes leave my helmet outside (dumbass I never learn), and am in the habit of checking under the liner for critters before I ride. Good thing. Had a lizard, a couple fire ants, and a Palmetto bug under there before (not while riding, that spider story was frigging gnarley!). For the un-southern, Palmetto bugs resemble a two-inch long, real fat cockroach. They love to come out at night in large numbers, and swarm over any food/garbage/pet vittles left outside, and make themselves at home in strange places...

F that mang! I like it out here where all we have is rattlers...er...maybe not...

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I'm sure we've all had "bug hits" one way or the other. The one that got me was some kind of stinging/biting thing got up into my Jacket's sleeve one day. Nothing like doing the "pull over quick, rip it off and stomp on the jacket thing".:hurt::chair::ride:

fender

Street Tracker
I'm sure we've all had "bug hits" one way or the other. The one that got me was some kind of stinging/biting thing got up into my Jacket's sleeve one day. Nothing like doing the "pull over quick, rip it off and stomp on the jacket thing".:hurt::chair::ride:

That reminds me of road cycling. Got a Hornet in my mouth and got stung a few times on my Tongue before I could get the bastard spit out of my mouth. Didn't swell up to bad, the cold beer remedy certainly helped cure it.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
That reminds me of road cycling. Got a Hornet in my mouth and got stung a few times on my Tongue before I could get the bastard spit out of my mouth. Didn't swell up to bad, the cold beer remedy certainly helped cure it.

What, 6 beers per sting?

ricky

Street Tracker
Two years ago I was on a KLX forum and some guy posted a picture of something that was curled up behind his engine. IN THE GARAGE!
He was kind enough to take pictures as he proceeded to catch the little bugger in a bucket.

It was a rattle snake! :eeek:

He lived in Arizona, btw.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
No spiders, but I always get flying things in my helmet...And when they start crawling around on your melon..creepiest feeling ever!

I've got in the habit of checking my workboots which I keep outside the house on the porch. I went to put them on a few months back and a frog jumped out! Not so strange really as there is a lot of water in rice paddies near us.

The spider thing though....:eeek:

Cheers,

Pikey.

cynr1023

TT Racer
I was doing a VFW ride and got a wasp inside my uniform. I'm sure it was pretty entertaining for the drivers going the other direction as I pummeled myself trying to kill it while downshifting and breaking. Then I stopped and did the "get this fuckin' jacket off me now" dance. Got stung 5 times in the left shoulder, was beating myself with my right hand breaking with my right foot and shifting with the left hand & foot. Afterwards I was pretty amazed that I didn't wreck but I never really stomped on the rear break so it didn't lock up.