Omaezaki at sunset (Japan)

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
outrider201406.jpg

Omaezaki is located about 250km north-west from Tokyo and about 30km from my home in Shizuoka. The route from my house to Omaezaki has been one of my favorite riding routes, and if I am lucky, I can see the beautiful sunset like this.

Besides the wind-generated power plant, there are large nuclear power plant in Omaezaki which has been very controvertial as to whether we need it or not, especially after the earth quake 3 years ago and subsequent disasters involving the nuclear power plants. Maybe, it is the time to reconsider for us about what we need to do for the future and to preserve such scenery.

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Another stunning, gorgeous photo... postcard or poster... can
hear the ocean and the wind in that image... outstanding.
Roadmanbo, can I ask what camera you are using?

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
Another stunning, gorgeous photo... postcard or poster... can
hear the ocean and the wind in that image... outstanding.
Roadmanbo, can I ask what camera you are using?

Dear D9-san,
THank you. Yes, indeed, it was a very windy day.
The picture was taken by the compact camera, RICHO GR Digital III, using tripod.

D9

Vendor
Thanks, good to know, looks like a capable camera.
I recently purchased a Canon SL1 - similar in features
to a Pentax K-5, but have had
problems since the beginning with battery issues... no
pictures as good as yours as of yet :D

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
Dear D9-san,
When it comes to motorcycle touring, sometimes it is easier to bring the compact camera, and I think that RICOH camera can make pictures as good as a SLR camera. Of course, your camera, Canon SL1, is very capable as well.

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
Dear Texas94fs-san,
Thank you! The only problem is that, whenever I come this place, I need to wash my Bonneville to get rid of seawater.

roadmanbo

Two Stroke
Nice one thx for posting. You have very quickly become a great addition to the NBR family.
LMT

Dear strokerlmt-san,
It is very nice of you to leave such a complimentary comment. I do have many PICS of my Bonneville in Japanese sceneries, and I am happy to share them in NBR family.

Please let me know if this category ("Ride Reports") is appropriate for such a thread.