Oil seepage

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
Anyone get any on the Bonnie, my right side fins are coated regularly, oil cooler lines are clean, cam covers could be the culprit but don't show much. Are any seals known to go south. Only 5000 miles on her but she don't get babied:motorbike2:

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Could be a slight leakage at the exhaust manifold coupled with richness... not actually oil but oily residue. You'd see the oil at the valve cover seal. And, at that mileage, under warranty.

HayMike

Scooter
Cam cover gaskets, new sealing washers under bolts, very careful cleaning of gasket surface should fix it.
Mike

Kirkus51

Hooligan
+1 on the cam cover gaskets. I saw the leak on my bike and it was on the fins. I was up in the mountains and it irked me a bit, but I've ridden Harleys, so no biggie. It's a common problem and it's a warranty fix, if you're still under warranty. Took my dealer an hour, not enough time to get my second cuppa.

em_dot

Street Tracker
+1 on Cam Cover Gasket. My leak was just as you described.

I got that gasket replaced under warranty. No charge.

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
Seeing how all the dealers around me have closed down around me I'll be doin it myself, and I enjoy a bit o wrenchin now an then. Bike does have a bit of a rich spot. Thanks guys.

Make sure the gasket is seated correctly and replace the seals under the cam cover bolts and torque to 10NM (not much). You probably don't need a new gasket. If that doesn't work, then get a gasket.

em_dot

Street Tracker
Seeing how all the dealers around me have closed down...

Yep, I here you on that. The BMW dealer here in Raleigh dropped Triumph last August. They still service what they sold to include Triumph, but they can no longer do warranty work.

Good luck with the gasket.

DIRK

750cc
you can always blow a little baby powder on the area. do it after you have cleaned up and then run the bike a bit can help to narrow things down

aquinas

Scooter
had the same problem- fixed under warranty and local place did a really nice job. He said he sees it all the time.