Official Photo Of The Triumph's All-new Tiger Dirt Bike:

ivar

TT Racer
Is the Vstrom 650cc engine any different than the sv650's? I know it's the same basic block, but is there a different state of tune?

I believe the fuel injected SV is rated at 72, the Strom at 69.

Wold be interesting to see dyno graphs of a stock SV compared to a piped/podded Bonnie , on the same dyno and same chart

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I had this one around for awhile and I loved it. My friend in Austin has been riding it since last January and he loves it. Has over 70,000 miles on it now and no trouble...
stromass.jpg

IMG00157.jpg
[/IMG]

I hope its got a real awesome engine because it's hideous, no offense, just sayin.

DandyDoug

750cc
Both models of the v Strom have a face only a mother could love.
When I brought mine home, Nigel ( my T100 ) sulked and complained about having to share space with such a homely bastich.:piss:

DandyDoug

750cc
That's a nice video of how the bike will most likely be used.

A few comments:

1. Triumph must have addressed the foot peg issue (some Bonneville riders have reported breaking pegs from standing up on them)

2. The motor whine sounds pretty normal for an overhead cam unit, annoying but it can be masked with an after market can.

3. I saw no road they were on that I would not take my Bonneville , maybe at a slower speed but still doable.

4. I'll bet the new Tiger quickly becomes the sales leader for Triumph

Doug

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
CANADAIN PRICING:

Canadian pricing for Triumph's all-new middle weight adventure tourer has been released . The road biased Tiger 800 starts at $10,799, while its off-road 800XC sibling is listed at $12,199. Add ABS and you'll pay $11,699 and $13,099 respectively. Either way, they're significantly cheaper than BMW's F800GS which starts at $12,530 and costs $13,430 with ABS.

EDG1911

Street Tracker
That's a nice video of how the bike will most likely be used.

A few comments:

1. Triumph must have addressed the foot peg issue (some Bonneville riders have reported breaking pegs from standing up on them)

2. The motor whine sounds pretty normal for an overhead cam unit, annoying but it can be masked with an after market can.

3. I saw no road they were on that I would not take my Bonneville , maybe at a slower speed but still doable.

4. I'll bet the new Tiger quickly becomes the sales leader for Triumph

Doug

great points. Although I don't own a Bonny I agree with all of them.
My speedy gets squirrelly when I look at a dirt road.

I kinda like the whine...sounds like a very tight precise machine ready to "do the business" :lol2:

b8s6ja.jpg

I'm not lookin to be the next Bubba Stewart out on the trail
so this bike will be perfect for me when I get one..I hope.

28ccy0w.jpg

kinda like a "hey wheres that dirt road go" kinda thing...and if it gets a little rough you have the capability to keep going if you want.

Now if the Nigerians will just send me my share of the exiled princes' fortune I'll be able to get one

4k8bp4.jpg