Off on my Jetting?

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Since the temps are now a bit cooler in the morning (60's) my bike has starting acting a bit odd. The other morning I was leaving for work at ~5am trying to be as quiet as possible (so as to keep happy neighbors) I pulled on the choke and pushed the start button only to be greeted w/ a massive backfire!! So much for happy neighbors! The next time I hit the button she started up just fine, and was running without the choke in a matter of seconds. Another thing I have noticed is on the ride to work while idling in traffic the bike will just die, always starts right back up but I do find it odd:chin:. I've also noticed that when I'm riding around under 2000rpms she seems to "load up" a bit, but clears up when I get over 3000. Is this just something to explain away with it being a bit cold natured or can the tune be improved?

Bike setup: 140 mains, 40pilots, 21/2 turns on the pilot screw, airbox removed, predator exhaust

Thanks, Jason

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Oh, forgot to mention that I tried turning my pilot screw out to 3 turns, but I didn't like how it ran, it seemed sluggish. Thanks

Jason

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Ding Ding we have a winner! I had looked at the vacuum port nipples before and they looked fine, after taking them off I found that one of them had a small crack on it. I wasn't able to check it this morning (in the cold) but could tell a difference yesterday after replacing it, there was less popping and it definitely runs smoother. :banana:

Thanks, Jason

drlapo

Hooligan
replace with genuine parts or somehitng from a jap bike as the automotive ones rot out in weeks
or link the port with lengths of hose

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Okay, I remember seeing a thread about some Kawi ones that were much cheaper than the Triumph ones, must go digging about.:pick: