Not much riding this year . . .

Hedge

American Infidel
Well . . . between working my ass off at work, renovating the outside of my home and bringing in a new addition to our family I have to sadly say I don't think I put over a 1000 miles on my Bonneville this year. As some of you know my wife talked me into getting a dog since we are now first time home owners nd empty nester's! Well I got myself one all right! Jet Black Alpha Male of an all Black litter of German Shepherds.
7 weeks old - floppy ears
Cyrus02-LaborDay2009-7weeksold.jpg

10 weeks old - Ears standing up!
Cyrus-20090924-10weeksold01.jpg

Train him up to get strong with 2.5 lbs dumb bell -
Cyrus-20090928-2lbDumbell01.jpg

3 months old -

4MonthsOld-01.jpg

Then it all came apart . . .
About a month ago Me & Cyrus went into Petco to have a little look around and we came across this dog with a cone around his head and we both started to laugh at him! I then took him to the side and explained quite clearly that he needs to be careful and don't do anything stupid to get one of those around your own head or all the other dogs are going to laugh at you! Well, he didn't listen . . . there was something that just fucking agitated him about the contractor standing outside on the unfinished flagstone patio talking with my wife and waving his arms. Nope, he didn't like that one bit, so he jumped right through the plate glass window of the Florida room door and put his bloody head between the contractor and mommy and just stood there and barked! Long story short - 4 stitches later to close up a large deep gash between his eyes and he had the "Cone of Laughter" on his head now!
Cyrus-20091030-PlateGlassWindowT-1.jpg

It will be about 1 more week before the stitches come out and safe enough to take the cone off without him pawing it back open! This kinda sucks because he has not been allowed in the doggy parks where we walked miles of trails alone twice a day, he is not allowed to come in contact with any other pets because they don't want him getting excited, and he has to stay on the leash with me during the neighborhood walks we take early in the morning and late at night. By now he probably dosen't' even remember going through the window nor the stitches and is just wondering what the fuck he did to deserve this fucking piece of itchy plastic around his head! I feel bad for him and I can't wait for another week for it to come off!

wobblygong

Street Tracker
John, I was quietly smiling to myself as I was reading your story until I got to the last photo............that look bought a tear to my eye!

Hope he heals real soon.

wobbly

god Hedge, he's grown so much and is really a striking looking dog. He's very unique and handsome, and sounds like quite the protector. I'm sure he has a nice deep voice now.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Damn only 1000 miles this year. . .I'll borrow your bike, I just passed 22,000 on mine total. Good lookin pup, not too much longer for him to get that thing off then it can be back to playtime and fun stuff. Amazed that the plate glass didn't even daze him!

mikenva

Rocker
You are doing good hedge nice pup house is looking great.I got to go through all that moveing crap the first of the year if the house sale goes through.Got a contract on another place.Out in the country 3 acres nice house and a 40x50 shop.I hope the wife likes the house I will spend all my time in the shop.Place backs up to a big farm field lots of deer around .Rifle will be busy lol.

Cyrus is a great looking pup Hedge and glad he didn't damage himself more going through the glass. Reckon he got off pretty lightly with 4 stitches....

Good luck with everything.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
It's a steep learning curve for a pup. hopefully he's learned not to jump thru windows. My small dogs have a doggie door and they use it even when they don't have to. But even with that, both of em have gone thru the cone of shame. Might just be a Rite of Passage for the realm of dogdom.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Today will be a great day to ride in the Northeast. Mid 60's, indian summer - get out and ride man!!

See you on the road!!

Hedge

American Infidel
Thx fellas - Cyrus is doing real good. He will be getting the stitches out this week and the cone comes off as well. As for the window it is now replaced with plexi-glass. I can't wait for that fucking thing to come off so he can get back to his normal routine.

gilligan

Scooter
Hey Hedge, Nice looking dog you got there. Must think he's a stunt dog in training!!! We'll try to get some rides in next spring. In the meantime keep him away from those picture windows. Pat

KingBear

Hooligan
Tough break for Cyrus, poor guy. Might not be a bad idea to keep some Neosporin on the wound while it's healing. Works the same for pups as it does for peeps.

Hedge

American Infidel
Tough break for Cyrus, poor guy. Might not be a bad idea to keep some Neosporin on the wound while it's healing. Works the same for pups as it does for peeps.
That was exactly what I used immediately when it happened. I first got it clotted using sterile cotton balls and then gobbed on Neosporin like he was "Rocky"! That worked for about 10 hours until my wife applied a 2nd round on it and then he realized that there was something on his head and began to paw it. At that point he opened it right up and it wouldn't clot this time so I brought him to the Animal emergency room on Halloween night around 10:30pm and they put him out and gave him 4 stitches and the "Cone of Humiliation"! Thank God it the stitches come out tomorrow afternoon because he is really going stir crazy being out of his regular routine. I'm wondering if they are going to make him wear the cone through the weekend so he doesn't paw the fresh stitch marks that always itch when you get them out . . . ask me how I know about stitches; Like father like son! :rolleyes: