Norman Hyde rearset update

daleCarlsbad

Scooter
Previous Post http://www.newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2245&highlight=Norman+Hyde

After installing these rearsets and putting a few miles on them, I came up with one more (final) mod!

On the brake side, the OEM bracket has a small tab (yellow arrow) which protrudes out and could, in a panic stop, cause your boot to not fully engage the brake.

Therefore, as this part is no longer required, and looks kind of funky hanging down there, I removed it. In addition, the Norman Hyde kit comes with nice Allen head bolts, but as the lower one also protrudes out towards the brake pedal….I changed the bolt out with a button head.

These pegs are fantastic.

IMG_0005-7.jpg

IMG_0011-4.jpg

IMG_0007-3.jpg

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Nice, you ought to email norman hyde with that suggestion about the button head allen screw as a safety concern and I bet you they change it over.

See that bolt thats holding on the exhaust in the second picture?? When I try to back out the bolt that's holding in my brake lever it contacts that bolt and won't come out anymore.

What the hell am I going to do?

P.s. I'm trying to install my NH rear sets...

strokerlmt

Theeee....not sure what the issue is. I have a T-100 with NH rear sets. The exhaust bolt is a little tight but I take it off with a rounded hex metric allen wrench all the time. ???
LMT

klink

Two Stroke
See that bolt thats holding on the exhaust in the second picture?? When I try to back out the bolt that's holding in my brake lever it contacts that bolt and won't come out anymore.

What the hell am I going to do?

P.s. I'm trying to install my NH rear sets...

You take off the outrigger completely before attempting to get that exhaust bolt. It's simple to do. Oh and that goldish bolt holding in the lever to the outrigger can be a pain. If you do it this way everything else should fall in place.

Very stupid mistake on my part. I thought for some reason I couldn't remove the peg bracket. Anyway, felt like an imbecile...

The rearsets are on and everythings great. I had to dremel one bolt because it was impacting the chain of all things.